Anyone got good Macbeth or Jekyll and Hyde quotes with reasons/explanations?

Watch
gew9urhwqe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
1 8 minutes ago Report post
Anyone got good Macbeth or Jekyll and Hyde quotes with reasons/explanations?

i have my English Literature GCSE on tuesday and i havent done any revision nor will i have time to due to other exams i havent revised for like physics, maths and geography coming up this week.

do you have any quotes which will make me excel in my exam or good things to remember e.g. setting

thanks
Dylan_Poole1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This has themes listed with quotes
Attached files
gew9urhwqe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Dylan_Poole1)
This has themes listed with quotes
you are a legend

did you make this???
Dylan_Poole1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gew9urhwqe)
you are a legend

did you make this???
Yes I try to answer each question linked to one of these themes. I got most of the content from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkrQmkZznxo
Becca G
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’ve got one for the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
“Give me the daggers. The sleeping and the dead are but as pictures. ‘Tis the eye of childhood that fears a painted devil.”
- this is a really effective yet not frequently used quotation that will make you stand out to examiners.
Here, Lady Macbeth attempts to emasculate her husband by implying that he is too childish and cowardly to return to the murder scene and replace the daggers there. She begins by commanding him to give her the daggers- or metaphorically hand over the role of leadership- before suggesting that there’s no difference in appearance between dead and sleeping people. Due to her lack of remorse, guilt or respect for those Macbeth has murdered, the audience begins to see her ruthless character. But she also suggests that Macbeth is cowardly by comparing his ‘fears’ to a child’s, which shows the power dynamic in their relationship
Toastiekid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5298142&page=2
This might help^^
honeyofcourse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yep, i have a lot on my revision instagram (@ srmsgcse2018)
Becca G
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Basically the advice I’d give you is to study quotations per character or theme, which you can find on sites like spark notes and cliffs note, etc. And just cram it all until Tuesday (lol Im tryna do the same thing)
You’ll find plenty on Lady Macbeth for eg in Act 1 Scene 5, with her whole soliloquy about becoming masculine. It’s highly likely they’ll ask u at least something on her or her relationship w/Macbeth.
As for Jekyll and Hyde, there’s heaps of stuff in the last chapter (I think it’s chapter 9 or 10) when Jekyll reveals all the stuff about how he became Hyde and basically “all is explained”. You’ll find heaps of quotes in this chapter about how Hyde is presented as evil, the duality of man and the struggle for dominance between Jekyll and Hyde.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads