How do you revise? Watch

A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Self-explanatory.
I do it in a very mis-matched terrible cramming fashion so I'm looking for tips.

Edit// In case you're wondering what I do personally then English Literature, Spanish and Philosophy. Maths as well but I can (although Jan modules don't make it seem so) revise for that.
xxmehzzixx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Harriellie)
Self-explanatory.
I do it in a very mis-matched terrible cramming fashion so I'm looking for tips.
same here...

anybody with tips please?
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Practice; textbook questions and past papers. And the maths forum.
xxmehzzixx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
Why the maths forum?
A Stranger in Moscow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
That's only useful for maths though, sadly.
I do love revising for maths for that reason though, it's soooo easy to find help.
xxmehzzixx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah. Any tips for biology, chemistry and psychology revision?
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lots of beer and loud music! works everytime!

as a rule im a complete numpty and dont revise i rele shld i think
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xxmehzzixx)
Why the maths forum?
Because I like to do the questions other people post.
tom_tom_tom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah. Any tips for biology, chemistry and psychology revision?
ermm psychology just learn the case studies and models

thats the only way to pass, you can knw all the information but without the evidence your up the creek without a paddle!
steve2006
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what sort of subjects do u do. I do 2 essay subjects (economics and history) and maths and this is what i did for my exams. I have learn that preparation is the key to success. 2 months is more than enough time to revise. I got embarassing grades at AS (B,Cs) thru cramming and lack of preparation but i put it right in January resits and went up to AAAA.

For Economics:
Take the syllabus and textbook and made detailed notes from it. Print off every past paper 2001-2008 and markschemes. Every week while revising do about 2 past papers so you understand the structure of the paper. This is exactly what i did and i got full marks in my Jan module.

For History
Theres usually 2 essay modules and 1 sources module for AS. I did this for the essay modules. Gather all the 2001-2008 past papers with markschemes. For a history period there is only a fixed number of essays they can give. Make a list of the essays from 2001-2008 removing any duplicates. You should end up with a list of 15-20 essays. Do about 5 a week and give them to a teacher to mark or use the markscheme. Usually as you get used to it, you can easily remember the information as you write each essay. For sources just do loads of past papers as theres no way of revising for the exam. Its really for testing your technique.

Maths
Made short notes for each math topic. Revised one by one each day and did the misc excercise of my text book for each topic. Once revised all the topics did all the past papers with solomon questions. Day before the exam read thru all the past papers. Come exam time you will be very prepared
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Read books in the language, go over my grammar notes, look up new vocab in the dictionary and write it's meaning, gender/verb group/case it governs, then write various sentences using it to grasp its correct meaning and talk to various people in the language.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Really, the way I revise is just to read the textbooks, make notes and learn these as well as possible. Making key point notes on colour coded notecards is also really useful. Practise papers help a lot- I ask my teachers for them, do them and then my teachers mark them for me.

My college is also putting on special revision classes for politics which I'm going to start going to.
xxmehzzixx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
ermm psychology just learn the case studies and models

thats the only way to pass, you can knw all the information but without the evidence your up the creek without a paddle!
true...btw, my psychology exam is 3 hours non-stop, so any advice on that aswell?? i wont be able to feel my arm by the end of it!
tom_tom_tom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
true...btw, my psychology exam is 3 hours non-stop, so any advice on that aswell?? i wont be able to feel my arm by the end of it!
longest exam ive had was 2.5 hours i was finished by 1.5 hours that was the most boring hour of my life, tryed counting the bricks in the hall, didnt work lol!

well .. ive got 2 hrs worth of exams in june on psychology already done one in january which im pleased about!

i think the best thing is to stay focused and precise, u dont need to write loads and loads just make sure u cover everything you need to in the most concise way!
sarCAZm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
with difficulty.
I work best away from home..so In coffee shops, or at he school library (less expensive, lol)
and I write everything down about 50 times
aloof47
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steve2006)
what sort of subjects do u do. I do 2 essay subjects (economics and history) and maths and this is what i did for my exams. I have learn that preparation is the key to success. 2 months is more than enough time to revise. I got embarassing grades at AS (B,Cs) thru cramming and lack of preparation but i put it right in January resits and went up to AAAA.

For Economics:
Take the syllabus and textbook and made detailed notes from it. Print off every past paper 2001-2008 and markschemes. Every week while revising do about 2 past papers so you understand the structure of the paper. This is exactly what i did and i got full marks in my Jan module.

For History
Theres usually 2 essay modules and 1 sources module for AS. I did this for the essay modules. Gather all the 2001-2008 past papers with markschemes. For a history period there is only a fixed number of essays they can give. Make a list of the essays from 2001-2008 removing any duplicates. You should end up with a list of 15-20 essays. Do about 5 a week and give them to a teacher to mark or use the markscheme. Usually as you get used to it, you can easily remember the information as you right each essay. For sources just do loads of past papers as theres no way of revising for the exam. Its really for technique.

Maths
Made short notes for each math topic. Revised one by one each day and did the misc excercise of my text book for each topic. Once revised all the topics did all the past papers with solomon questions. Day before the exam read thru all the past papers. Come exam time you will be very prepared
whoa helpful advice there mate..thnaks..im doing english lit as wellas econs, history and maths....by any chance, u dont have the past papers or mark schemes for Econs and History or do you?:rolleyes: hehe, im just too lazy to get them myself....wat board r u doing??im doing edexcel econs, and AQA history
xxmehzzixx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
longest exam ive had was 2.5 hours i was finished by 1.5 hours that was the most boring hour of my life, tryed counting the bricks in the hall, didnt work lol!

well .. ive got 2 hrs worth of exams in june on psychology already done one in january which im pleased about!

i think the best thing is to stay focused and precise, u dont need to write loads and loads just make sure u cover everything you need to in the most concise way!
hehe! well, ur very lucky...atleast u got some psychology over and done with!

which papers did u do? I find research methods and developmental the easiest!

my social psychology teacher is abit wierd. he always talks about the naked man on a bicycle in the book, who doesnt conform to the social norms. lol!
tom_tom_tom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hehe! well, ur very lucky...atleast u got some psychology over and done with!

which papers did u do? I find research methods and developmental the easiest!

my social psychology teacher is abit wierd. he always talks about the naked man on a bicycle in the book, who doesnt conform to the social norms. lol!
We did the social psychology and research methods paper, wasnt to bad could ave been better but o well.

yeahh we have the image of a women goin shopping in the co op in her dressing gown - abnormal or not?

i love psychology thou its very interesting
steve2006
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by aloof47)
whoa helpful advice there mate..thnaks..im doing english lit as wellas econs, history and maths....by any chance, u dont have the past papers or mark schemes for Econs and History or do you?:rolleyes: hehe, im just too lazy to get them myself....wat board r u doing??im doing edexcel econs, and AQA history
no worries mate.

Im doing OCR Econ, History

heres the only past papers i could find. Hope it helps

Edexcel Economics Papers
http://www.freeexampapers.com/A%20Le...omics/Edexcel/

AQA History Papers
http://www.freeexampapers.com/A%20Level/History/AQA/
The Lyceum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
By composing dialogue.

...Yeah..I know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1648)
78.78%
Leave (444)
21.22%

Watched Threads