:lolwut:
Original post by MrsMars
:lolwut:

I'm sure you're not one to judge Mrs M :smile:
Original post by bars from mars
I'm sure you're not one to judge Mrs M :smile:

not judging :h:
Original post by Zamestaneh
Muslim interfaith marriages are extremely stupid and unwise, and they are generelly conducted by those low in faith, knowledge or wisdom

Just because you see Christians, Jews, Hindus and Sikhs below you doesn't mean the marriage is stupid.
Original post by The Relic
Just because you see Christians, Jews, Hindus and Sikhs below you doesn't mean the marriage is stupid.

It is nothing to do with that. Religiously speaking, marriage to non-Muslims is generally invalid and constitutes a major sin which could result in the Muslim going to Hell. Further to this, it massively increases the chances of any children being irreligious/astray, and also the faith of the Muslim being worn away bit by bit.

From my observations, the majority of Muslims who have married another faith have faced the issues above.

It is therefore stupid, and 'love' isn't worth the dust beneath my shoe if the cost is so much.
It is nothing to do with that. Religiously speaking, marriage to non-Muslims is generally invalid and constitutes a major sin which could result in the Muslim going to Hell. Further to this, it massively increases the chances of any children being irreligious/astray, and also the faith of the Muslim being worn away bit by bit.

From my observations, the majority of Muslims who have married another faith have faced the issues above.

It is therefore stupid, and 'love' isn't worth the dust beneath my shoe if the cost is so much.

I understand marriage to you is just about fulfilling your role and keeping god happy but you don't have to look down on Muslim interfaith marriages its incredibly rude and disgusting.

I don't think you would pick love over anything so it doesn't surprise me mate.

You seem angry. If Muslims feel that they can marry people of other faiths then its fine. They can still keep their faith while allowing their partner to practice theirs. I mean Mixed race relationships were once seen as 'stupid' and were generally invalid and illegal. Even Christians at the time were known to have shunned mixed race couples and argued against them seeing them as devilish and against God's word.
I understand marriage to you is just about fulfilling your role and keeping god happy but you don't have to look down on Muslim interfaith marriages its incredibly rude and disgusting.

I don't think you would pick love over anything so it doesn't surprise me mate.

Marriage is about love and practicality too - a marriage should have both without one being absent; marrying a non-Muslim is wholly impractical, so it does not matter how much love there is between the couple.

Why shouldn't I look down on it other than your sentiment feeling it is 'rude and disgusting'?
Marriage is about love and practicality too - a marriage should have both without one being absent; marrying a non-Muslim is wholly impractical, so it does not matter how much love there is between the couple.

Why shouldn't I look down on it other than your sentiment feeling it is 'rude and disgusting'?

Not really. Marriage to you is about duty and "completing half your deen" I doubt you'll ever understand what true love is.

Its incredibly rude to say that most Muslim interfaith marriages will end in a complete disaster. Its just funny this is coming from a revert.

P.s Why do you have the Yemen flag if you are not even from Yemen let alone middle eastern?
Original post by ProRoadman
You seem angry. If Muslims feel that they can marry people of other faiths then its fine. They can still keep their faith while allowing their partner to practice theirs. I mean Mixed race relationships were once seen as 'stupid' and were generally invalid and illegal. Even Christians at the time were known to have shunned mixed race couples and argued against them seeing them as devilish and against God's word.

I am not angry, I am just blunt. At the end of the day, we are going to be judged by God according to His laws (one of them being to generally not marry non-Muslims), so tbh it means jack-all if the perceptions of society changes.
I am not angry, I am just blunt. At the end of the day, we are going to be judged by God according to His laws (one of them being to generally not marry non-Muslims), so tbh it means jack-all if the perceptions of society changes.

The thing is that your views mirrors the view of die hard Christians in the 1950s on Mixed race relationships. There's nothing wrong with being against these relationships but the extra bits like how you see those Muslims are low in faith is actually disappointing. Britain has always been a liberal country compared to others so its expected that Muslims might become little more liberal compared to other countries.
Not really. Marriage to you is about duty and "completing half your deen" I doubt you'll ever understand what true love is.

Its incredibly rude to say that most Muslim interfaith marriages will end in a complete disaster. Its just funny this is coming from a revert.

P.s Why do you have the Yemen flag if you are not even from Yemen let alone middle eastern?

Completing half of ones deen comes under practicality. I imagine that to you, 'true love' is when one is willing to forsake the most important thing (their Creator) for their non-Muslim spouse; that is true idiocy rather than true love.

As I said: from observations, even if the couple are happy, the Muslim spouse generally becomes less religious, and/or the kids tend to be irreligious; let's say in the best case scenario the non-Muslim spouse becomes a Muslim a few years into the marriage and the kids are good Muslims, the originally Muslim spouse will still be accountable for having sex outside of a valid marriage, taking a non-Muslim into their closest sphere of influence, disobeying God etc, which could put them into Hell.
Completing half of ones deen comes under practicality. I imagine that to you, 'true love' is when one is willing to forsake the most important thing (their Creator) for their non-Muslim spouse; that is true idiocy rather than true love.

As I said: from observations, even if the couple are happy, the Muslim spouse generally becomes less religious, and/or the kids tend to be irreligious; let's say in the best case scenario the non-Muslim spouse becomes a Muslim a few years into the marriage and the kids are good Muslims, the originally Muslim spouse will still be accountable for having sex outside of a valid marriage, taking a non-Muslim into their closest sphere of influence, disobeying God etc, which could put them into Hell.

If you actually read my posts you would know I am a Muslim but what you are is bitter and disgusting. Its wrong to say they will end in a disaster. I wonder what your thoughts are about your non Muslim parents.

I really doubt you'll ever be in true love because your idea of love revolves around god and fulfilling your apparent duty as a man. Its not playful or pure its just another act of worship for you. I guess it could also be a way to prevent you from pre martial coitus so love to you is just about sex really.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ProRoadman
The thing is that your views mirrors the view of die hard Christians in the 1950s on Mixed race relationships. There's nothing wrong with being against these relationships but the extra bits like how you see those Muslims are low in faith is actually disappointing. Britain has always been a liberal country compared to others so its expected that Muslims might become little more liberal compared to other countries.

They are low in faith - we judge and God judges against the religion and the laws He has given us, not the culture or liberty of society.

A person can pray 5 times a day and fast etc and do good things, and they can have sex outside of marriage once for example, but they repent and get forgiven for this major sin; a person can pray 5 times a day and fast etc and do good things, but they have an invalid marriage and subsequently have sex outside of Islamic wedlock, and they live with this marriage every day of their lives - such a person is committing a major sin on the daily and doesn't even feel bad about it, thus they are low in faith.
They are low in faith - we judge and God judges against the religion and the laws He has given us, not the culture or liberty of society.

A person can pray 5 times a day and fast etc and do good things, and they can have sex outside of marriage once for example, but they repent and get forgiven for this major sin; a person can pray 5 times a day and fast etc and do good things, but they have an invalid marriage and subsequently have sex outside of Islamic wedlock, and they live with this marriage every day of their lives - such a person is committing a major sin on the daily and doesn't even feel bad about it, thus they are low in faith.

Interesting you picked this one. Don't cherry pick different ideas just to satisfy your own bad doings its pathetic.
Interesting you picked this one. Don't cherry pick different ideas just to satisfy your own bad doings its pathetic.

I picked that because it is a similar sin and therefore comparable rather than comparing apples with oranges. If you have an objection, please at least have an objection with substance
I picked that because it is a similar sin and therefore comparable rather than comparing apples with oranges. If you have an objection, please at least have an objection with substance

Why on earth would you pick a major sin lmao?

Your posts are very rude and you judge everything. I think its important to understand that you are not god nor does god care about YOUR opinion on the sins of others.

Islam was supposed to humble you but its embarrassing and nasty what comes out of your mouth.

Don't be so bitter and negative about happy marriages. Your ideal marriage and definition of true love is all about god and duty.
(edited 5 years ago)
Why on earth would you pick a major sin lmao?

Because marrying a non-Muslim is generally a major sin comparable to sex outside of a valid marriage (which is why I picked that sin specifically). The only difference is that the married person continues to dwell in his or her sin without acceptable repentance (unless they break up).

Your posts are very rude and you judge everything. I think its important to understand that you are not god nor does god care about YOUR opinion on the sins of others.

They are not rude, rather they are blunt and to the point.
Though it is true that God is the ultimate Judge, He has given us rules with which to live, to distinguish between truth and falsehood, good and bad, and it is the duty if Muslims to judge according to Islam, and if we love God and He loves us, he becomes 'the ears with which we hear, eyes with which we see, hands with which we seize and feet with which we walk'. Subsequently I am entitled AND correct in saying what I have said; I have stopped at saying someone COULD go Hell rather than WILL go Hell, as this is God's judgement - I have not spoken out of place.

Islam was supposed to humble you but its embarrassing and nasty what comes out of your mouth.

You do not have an Islamic reason to qualify your accusation of embarrassment and speaking nastily, so again: please bring substance.

Don't be so bitter and negative about happy marriages. Your ideal marriage and definition of true love is all about god and duty.

Rather you seem bitter. As a Muslim/non-Muslim (I do not know which you are), you seem rather butthurt that any relationship you have with a Muslim/non-Muslim will be looked down upon by both Muslims and God Himself.

Quick Reply

Latest