The Student Room Group

TSR Interfaith-Relationship Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
As I said, you will not know each other as deeply, but you will know enough to make it work and still be able to harbour love and affection between you. Though I will have left TSR soon and especially before I get married, if you are still around in a couple of years, I will come back and tell you how happy I am with my wife lol

I think you should definitely do this.
Original post by S-man10
Naw you'll have ot add them so they'll know.

Still, its more halal. You'll know a person better through his amazon purchases than just meekly talking to them in front of family for 2 hours.

Nice use of 'his'. No homo, bro.
Original post by bars from mars
I think you should definitely do this.

If I remember, I will
constitutes a major sin which could result in the Muslim going to Hell.

What sort of hateful god would send someone to hell for marrying someone they love?
Nice use of 'his'. No homo, bro.

If I remember, I will

His/her/their whoever you are marrying.

You do get my point though I'm not exactly being sarcastic. why bother to talk to them when you can know them better through their social media profiles.
Original post by Sulfolobus
What sort of hateful god would send someone to hell for marrying someone they love?

God has told us how to live our lives. What kind of humans would completely ignore the teachings and laws of the All-Knowing, All-Wise entity which created us and given us more mercy and love than our own parents?
God has told us how to live our lives. What kind of weak pathetic human would completely ignore the teachings and laws of the All-Knowing, All-Wise entity which created us and given us more mercy and love than our own parents?

Claiming that marrying someone of different religion will see them go to hell is not an example of mercy and love.
God has told us how to live our lives. What kind of weak pathetic human would completely ignore the teachings and laws of the All-Knowing, All-Wise entity which created us and given us more mercy and love than our own parents?

This isnt a preaching session for the non existent, mate
Claiming that marrying someone of different religion will see them go to hell is not an example of mercy and love.

A father tells their adult son not to put their hand in the fire because they should know better by now. The adult son puts his hand in the fire - the son is the idiot, not the father
Reply 68
Tbh I don’t understand the image posted by OP.
A father tells their adult son not to put their hand in the fire because they should know better by now. The adult son puts his hand in the fire - the son is the idiot, not the father

With that sort of wisdom I can see why Islam struggles to recruit new members in more developed countries.

How are they equivalents?
With that sort of wisdom I can see why Islam struggles to recruit new members in more developed countries.

Thousands of people convert each year in the UK alone (including myself), so that is a bit of a lie. Obviously many leave the religion too, but that is besides the point here.
(edited 5 years ago)
Tens of thousands of people convert each year in the UK alone (including myself), so that is a bit of a lie. Obviously many leave the religion too, but that is besides the point here.

What about the drop out rate?
Original post by h333
Tbh I don’t understand the image posted by OP.

A Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man are in a loving interfaith relationship.
Reply 74
A Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man are in a loving interfaith relationship.

What’s with the “blue eyes” , the image and the message below looks weird.
Original post by h333

I think it's supposed to show the man is White, bit I think brown eyes are nicer anyhow.
Reply 76
I think it's supposed to show the man is White, bit I think brown eyes are nicer anyhow.

Stereotypical. A Muslim can be of any race and same with a non Muslim.
Original post by h333
Stereotypical. A Muslim can be of any race and same with a non Muslim.

Then maybe it's just an Asian Muslim with a White man who reverted.
Then maybe it's just an Asian Muslim with a White man who reverted.

Husnudhan game is on point MashaAllah
Original post by h333

It's from this youtube video:

[video="youtube;6s9iePMmw94"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9iePMmw94[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending