Want more information about this university?
SomethingQuarky
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
#1
Currently got my offer for a physics course at Lancaster for AAB But honestly at this point I think I'll be lucky to finish with BBB.

Just wondering if anyones had any experience with not meeting their offer and still getting on the course, or if anyone knows if it's possible for me to still go to Lancaster without achieving my AAB offer...

Thanks!
0
reply
Sycaphore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#2
Report 2 years ago
#2
Accepting BBB when the offer was AAB seems like a stretch to me. I could maybe see them perhaps stretching to ABB, provided there's a space on the course and/or you're just a few marks away, for example, from meeting the offer. Although, I would think, since it's a STEM subject, leniency is much less likely and any spaces are unlikely too. I'm not trying to dishearten you here, but to be honest I don't think two grades away will cut it. I'd just revise as hard as you can with the time left, and if come results day you don't get in and would prefer to go to Lancaster over your insurance, just contact them and ask; if that doesn't work, see if they have a foundation Physics course you could possibly change to through Clearing or by contacting them directly, or if you don't want that/don't get in/there isn't one, you could either accept your insurance offer, decide to go elsewhere, decide against uni altogether or even resit next year if you can/want to.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (43)
7.98%
Confident (70)
12.99%
Indifferent (75)
13.91%
Unsure (139)
25.79%
Worried (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads

View All