The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I was meant to go to the dentist about 8 months ago. I really should register with one in the UK as my jaw is starting to hurt like hell & I keep waking up with a mouthful of blood. Graphic yes. But my last dentist scared the **** out of me, saying I would need an operation on my jaw & braces for about 4 years.
Every 6 months.

I hate going but my parents make me. I'll thank them later - if you lose/don't have a dentist now you're pretty much ****ed up.

I don't really mind it though. I've never had to have any fillings.
Reply 62
I only go when I have a problem. I know how to brush my teeth so I see no reason to.
Reply 63
I go every 6 months, for a checkup and a scale and polish - it's either that or give up the black coffee. I didn't go for 5 years though whilst I was a student, but managed to get away with it (I've still never had a filling). The practice I was at prior to then booted all the NHS patients out at 18 and then tried to flog them Denplan, like the others in the area, so I had to take my chances until I had a job. But then when I did get a job, I moved to somewhere where an NHS dentist was taking on patients, so I'm back to having NHS treatment again.
Reply 64
Yay, my crown prep has been delayed til April cos my dentist is ill :p:.
Reply 65
This thread has reminded me I needed to book a check-up. I usually go every 6 months or so, but haven't been for nearly a year as I was meant to go in September, but the dentist was ill and since then I have been too lazy/not able to book another appointment. I am going at the end of April: hopefully there shouldn't be any problems!

Latest

Trending

Trending