AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 - Macbeth and The Sign Of The Four

Watch this thread
Loci Pi
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have my English Lit paper 1 on Tuesday. Is anyone doing any of these texts? Any good quotes for Macbeth or TSOTF? I predict the Macbeth question will be on Supernatural because it hasn't came up in any sample assessment materials yet.

Good luck
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loci Pi)
I have my English Lit paper 1 on Tuesday. Is anyone doing any of these texts? Any good quotes for Macbeth or TSOTF? I predict the Macbeth question will be on Supernatural because it hasn't came up in any sample assessment materials yet.

Good luck
Try these
Loci Pi
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Try these
Thanks
Laura0905
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Good luck
Macbeth quotes:
“Doubly re doubled strokes upon the foe”- about Macbeth and banquo
Words to describe Macbeth “brave” “noble” changes to “tyrant”
Ways to describe the witches (good for drop quotes e.g. “In the extract the weird sisters...”), “Bearded women ”, “weird sisters” “ juggling fiends”
“Screw ur courage to the sticking place”- Lady Macbeth
“Look like the innocent flower but be the serpent under it”- Lady Macbeth
“Unsex me here”- Lady Macbeth
“Double double toil and trouble”-the witches
“Pluck’d the Nipple from his boneless gums”- Lady Macbeth
“Green and pale”- Lady Macbeth taunting Macbeth trying to manipulate him
“Out damned spot! Out I say!”- Lady Macbeth when she goes mad
“Like the wren”- Lady Macduff, not sure that’s the quote but the word wren is, she is saying that she will do anything to protect her children
Say if u want more quotes. These are just some handy ones that I’ve used frequently.
Loci Pi
Rep:
(Original post by Laura0905)
Macbeth quotes:
“Doubly re doubled strokes upon the foe”- about Macbeth and banquo
Words to describe Macbeth “brave” “noble” changes to “tyrant”
Ways to describe the witches (good for drop quotes e.g. “In the extract the weird sisters...”), “Bearded women ”, “weird sisters” “ juggling fiends”
“Screw ur courage to the sticking place”- Lady Macbeth
“Look like the innocent flower but be the serpent under it”- Lady Macbeth
“Unsex me here”- Lady Macbeth
“Double double toil and trouble”-the witches
“Pluck’d the Nipple from his boneless gums”- Lady Macbeth
“Green and pale”- Lady Macbeth taunting Macbeth trying to manipulate him
“Out damned spot! Out I say!”- Lady Macbeth when she goes mad
“Like the wren”- Lady Macduff, not sure that’s the quote but the word wren is, she is saying that she will do anything to protect her children
Say if u want more quotes. These are just some handy ones that I’ve used frequently.
Thanks so much Do you have any Sign Of The Four quotes?
Laura0905
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thanks so much Do you have any Sign Of The Four quotes?
Only a few, I really struggle with that one 😂
“My mind rebel’s at stagnation”- Holmes
“You know my methods. Apply them.”- Holmes
“We stood hand in hand, like two children”- Watson
“I cannot live without brain work”-Holmes
“Calculating machine”-narrator (Watson is the narrator If u didn’t know)
“I abhour the dull routine of existence”-Holmes
There’s also stuff like context with racism, class, crime etc. Racism was because no one had really travelled to these different lands or something like that 😂 crime is very important too. Victorian use of criminals usually assumed that they were poor and from the working class. Crime was also sensationalised by stories in press. Victorian London descriptions are dark and gloomy, and at times dangerous convey a negative image of Victorian London .
Loci Pi
Rep:
(Original post by Laura0905)
Only a few, I really struggle with that one 😂
“My mind rebel’s at stagnation”- Holmes
“You know my methods. Apply them.”- Holmes
“We stood hand in hand, like two children”- Watson
“I cannot live without brain work”-Holmes
“Calculating machine”-narrator (Watson is the narrator If u didn’t know)
“I abhour the dull routine of existence”-Holmes
There’s also stuff like context with racism, class, crime etc. Racism was because no one had really travelled to these different lands or something like that 😂 crime is very important too. Victorian use of criminals usually assumed that they were poor and from the working class. Crime was also sensationalised by stories in press. Victorian London descriptions are dark and gloomy, and at times dangerous convey a negative image of Victorian London .
Thanks I struggle more with TSOTF too, most people in my class find Macbeth harder but I find that to be the easier of the two.

What do you think will come up tomorrow? I hope The Supernatural comes up for Macbeth, and Holmes, Watson, or Mary comes up for TSOTF.
Jaycemarsh
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thanks I struggle more with TSOTF too, most people in my class find Macbeth harder but I find that to be the easier of the two.

What do you think will come up tomorrow? I hope The Supernatural comes up for Macbeth, and Holmes, Watson, or Mary comes up for TSOTF.
Supernatural, Lady Macbeth, ambition or science will not be coming up. They can up in the specimen papers and in last years paper; people may tell u there’s still a chance, but would you really think aqa are that stupid, hahah you’re welcome😜
Loci Pi
Rep:
(Original post by Jaycemarsh)
Supernatural, Lady Macbeth, ambition or science will not be coming up. They can up in the specimen papers and in last years paper; people may tell u there’s still a chance, but would you really think aqa are that stupid
When did Supernatural come up? I revised that loads because I thought it hadn't come up yet. I've looked at 2 sample papers and the 2017 paper and I can't see it.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the English exams and study help forum where hopefully you'll get more answers In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (16)
18.18%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (30)
34.09%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.68%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.14%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
10.23%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
20.45%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
5.68%

Watched Threads