The Student Room Group

OCR exam results - June 2006

A friend of mine sat two psychology exams, 'Psychology Health and Psychology and Environment', in June 2006 with OCR.

During the examination he first sat the psychology and health paper and then psychology and environment. Whilst he was sitting the environment paper his mobile phone started ringing so the invigilator approached him and when he did he 'found' psychology notes hanging out of one of the pockets in his jacket which he had used to revise from just before entering the examination hall and unfortunately didn't remove them. The notes had nothing to do with the exam he was currently sitting but the psychology and health paper he had just sat. So the invigilator accused him of cheating and removed these notes but allowed him to continue with the exam he was sitting.

Once the exams were over he was taken to see the exams officer and he had to write a statement regarding what had just occurred and the notes that were removed from him along with the statement were sent to the examination board. So come results day he receives his results for the subject, the first 'statement of results' contained his mark for the psychology and health paper as 68/100. A few days later he receives a second statement of results which had his module mark for psychology and health as 0/100. He also gets a letter from OCR stating they considered the notes as unauthorised material which shouldn't have been in the examination in hall, although there was no evidence of cheating. So he declines the grade.

Not long ago he decided to resit the exam and requested another statement of results from OCR. So he receives another statement for the June 2006 examination series and it states that his mark for that exam is 68/100. He then phones them up and gets told his result indeed for that examination is 68/100. He also gets a 'Cumulative statement of results' which states his module mark for that exam as 68/100.

So what's actually happened? Any advice/info would be appreciated.

Statement of results he received in August 2006:

Statement of results he received in February 2008 for June 2006:
Reply 1
Anybody?
Maybe he just got 68 twice?
Reply 3
I don't think so and that doesn't offer any info into the situation but thanks for trying.
Reply 4
I think your mate might have got away with it.

Latest