The Student Room Group

How do I revise in 2 days?

So basically I hate statistics and mechanics but I realised that I need them two to pass my exams and I have been pushing them aside and only revised for pure maths. If I fail this exam it could pull my whole maths grade down and I literally have 2 days to cover the whole spec? What should I do? Any advice? I need to get it all done! Probably should have revised before, my mistake but I cannot dwell over it now, I just have to get on with it
Reply 1
mechanics and statistics are hard but once you actually understand it; it will be easy and if u are taking physics as well then u have a greater chance of revising well in mechanics cuz most of the things in mechanics is related to physics
P.S. I dont how hard statistics is cuz I am taking mechanics and C12.
Reply 2
Original post by Rauhan
mechanics and statistics are hard but once you actually understand it; it will be easy and if u are taking physics as well then u have a greater chance of revising well in mechanics cuz most of the things in mechanics is related to physics
P.S. I dont how hard statistics is cuz I am taking mechanics and C12.

Thanks. i am doing the new math spec so we have to do both. Stats is hard and way too much content. And i dont do physics unfortunately
Reply 3
Ok so u dont take physics; but i suggest you should already know abt the basis of momentum and friction in gcse so there is more abt friction in mechanics than anything and most of the questions in the exams do come from friction so just go to khan academy and watch a few videos related to friction and by the time u master your friction questions u would have already completed 75% of mechanics; u just need to understand it
i’m taking the same exams as you! i would recommend practice questions above all else because they are the singular most valuable mechanics resource. if you can, order the new maths CGP because it’s great for statistics. other than that, familiarise yourself with your calculator functions for stats as much as possible since you’ll use binomial distribution, mean, standard deviation and quartiles a lot in the exam and it can calculate that for you. for mechanics, try and learn that you need to resolve every single force you can in the direction of motion (either parallel or perpendicular).
Reply 5
Original post by Rauhan
Ok so u dont take physics; but i suggest you should already know abt the basis of momentum and friction in gcse so there is more abt friction in mechanics than anything and most of the questions in the exams do come from friction so just go to khan academy and watch a few videos related to friction and by the time u master your friction questions u would have already completed 75% of mechanics; u just need to understand it

will try that. Thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by -andromeda-
i’m taking the same exams as you! i would recommend practice questions above all else because they are the singular most valuable mechanics resource. if you can, order the new maths CGP because it’s great for statistics. other than that, familiarise yourself with your calculator functions for stats as much as possible since you’ll use binomial distribution, mean, standard deviation and quartiles a lot in the exam and it can calculate that for you. for mechanics, try and learn that you need to resolve every single force you can in the direction of motion (either parallel or perpendicular).

Thankyou! And good luch. Is your exam on Wednesday. Thats when mine is
Original post by zainabxxo
Thankyou! And good luch. Is your exam on Wednesday. Thats when mine is

yep, it is! how’s your revision going?
Original post by zainabxxo
So basically I hate statistics and mechanics but I realised that I need them two to pass my exams and I have been pushing them aside and only revised for pure maths. If I fail this exam it could pull my whole maths grade down and I literally have 2 days to cover the whole spec? What should I do? Any advice? I need to get it all done! Probably should have revised before, my mistake but I cannot dwell over it now, I just have to get on with it

nope you cannot get an an A*, you can get an A if the gradeboundaries are low but right now 2 days will get you a B if your good or C. mechanics is all about practice cannot stress how much practice you need to succeed in it, there are so many variations of questions asked that you need to be exposed to all of them to be successful, hence 2 days won't be enough. statistics is about concept you understand how to do one type of question then you can form a recipe and apply that to all the other questions. problem with stat is that there are a lot of concepts to understand and 2 days won't cover them especially if you include mechanics. as well
Reply 9
Original post by -andromeda-
yep, it is! how’s your revision going?

not bad. Ive done a lot of statistics. Need to do mechanics which i wil do tomorrow. I also have a chemistry exam tomorrow :frown: ;(
How is yours?

Quick Reply

Latest