Like OMG I got 100% in General Studies (Unit 6) Watch

katiemoore1990
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
:O It's a shame it doesn't actually count for anything... I didn't even read the pre-release before I went in...
BibbleJW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I got 100% on one of the GS modules (way back when). Science and Tech, I think. I have a strange feeling it is the main reason I ended up with a C, rather than a U.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I once wrote a 113/120 mark essay for one general studies modual. Was totally amazed!

The essay was regarding the difficulty in being able to accuratly measure a person's IQ.
Couldxbe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 100% in Module 3 and Module 6, so it's not that difficult. Actually, the only people who got 100% in GS6 from my school are the people who hadn't read the material beforehand!
Ramos_Spurs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
u dont even need to read anything before just need to know how to write
* Catrin *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it made me laugh when i got my AS results...100% in science and cultural and then a U in social! shows just how random general studies is!
rachd_22
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 100% in an AS module.... i think GS3 but cant remember off the top of my head.... it was the society and politics one!
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was just so angry that they were making me sit the exam in the morning before my biology exam that I started comparing Shakespeare to Hollyoaks, and wrote half a page and then started trying to remember Bio the whole way through
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Presumably you've seen the graph of raw marks to UMS for GS right? For most subjects it's ~ 1:1 (esp sciences where there's a def answer and people do get 100%) but for most it's stretched a bit at either end (because v few people get 0 or 100 obv) and then for some subjects where it's very hard to get full marks it's skewed a LOT at the upper end (e.g. Language oral exams). For General Studies you need something like 60% raw marks to get 100 UMS...
katiemoore1990
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Aw you people are all very intelligent. Talk about raining on my parade :P
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise