WJEC Triple Sciences? Watch

Nimbus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anybody here doing it?
And how do you actually get the A* overall for the tripe separated siences?

I know for the modules, you have to get 072+ for A*, 064+ for A and etc.

And can you do resits? I am really confused. T___T
Interchange
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I do this course . The course is made up of nine modules and nine assessed practicals, three in each subject. For each module, their is a UM max of 80. For the three assessed practicals there is a maximum UM of 80. So, for 1 GCSE, there is UM max of 320 (3 modules and assessed practicals combined). To get an A* you need to achieve an average of 72 UM on each module and the practicals.

For example,

I achieved a UM of 74 (A*) on Chemistry 1, I achieved a UM of 70 on Chemistry 2 (A) and a UM of 78 (A*) on Chemistry 3 and then a UM of 72 (A*) for the assessed practicals. My total is 294. To get an A* my four sets of UM must add up to 288.

Edit: And yes, you can do resits (this is your school's choice).
Nimbus
Rep:
?
oh I see now. thanks for the help.

Because I keep hearing people saying that you need 80 to get the A*.

EDIT:
btw, how do you work out your practical marks? Is it your best practical that goes forward? If so, do you just divide it by 25, times it by 0.8? o__O?
Or is it the average of yout three practicals? therefore add together, divide by 75, and then times by 0.8? I

I really wish it's your best that goes forward. bos I did really badly in one of them.
Interchange
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yg110uk)
oh I see now. thanks for the help.

Because I keep hearing people saying that you need 80 to get the A*.

EDIT:
btw, how do you work out your practical marks? Is it your best practical that goes forward? If so, do you just divide it by 25, times it by 0.8? o__O?
Or is it the average of yout three practicals? therefore add together, divide by 75, and then times by 0.8? I

I really wish it's your best that goes forward. bos I did really badly in one of them.
You do three assessed practicals and all three of them count. The maximum total for all three is 75, which equals 80UM. If you want, I can PM the information on how to make the graph which will show you the UM you receive for your total out of 75.
Nimbus
Rep:
?
(Original post by l0uis)
You do three assessed practicals and all three of them count. The maximum total for all three is 75, which equals 80UM. If you want, I can PM the information on how to make the graph which will show you the UM you receive for your total out of 75.
Ouu yes please if it's okay with you! Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.78%
No (443)
73.22%

Watched Threads