The Student Room Group

Funding teacher training/pgce

I have exhausted any further funding at postgraduate level, after dropping out of a MA course. I have a 2:1 BA hons degree in the arts (digital tech), so i fulfil that requirement

I have since realised I may want to train as a teacher, but I wont be eligible for funding if it comes from SFE.

Are there other routes into the profession?
Original post by royal1990
I have exhausted any further funding at postgraduate level, after dropping out of a MA course. I have a 2:1 BA hons degree in the arts (digital tech), so i fulfil that requirement

I have since realised I may want to train as a teacher, but I wont be eligible for funding if it comes from SFE.

Are there other routes into the profession?

PGCE funding comes from a different pot to postgraduate loans. There’s no problem from previous study. You should be eligible.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
PGCE funding comes from a different pot to postgraduate loans. There’s no problem from prfevious study. You should be eligible.

I have also attended two separate universities so also maxed out my undergraduate eligibility. This was due to mental health related issues (first institution I dropped out of).
Original post by royal1990
I have also attended two separate universities so also maxed out my undergraduate eligibility. This was due to mental health related issues (first institution I dropped out of).

Doesn't matter - PGCE funding is available regardless of how much previous study you have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending