The Student Room Group

I'm a British Muslim Female AMA

All in the title

Scroll to see replies

I've never heard of A British Muslim before. What is your natural habitat?
Original post by Anonymous
All in the title

Why do you feel the need the make a thread to invite random people who are mostly ignorant about your religion to ask questions about yourself?
Reply 3
Why do you feel the need the make a thread to invite random people who are mostly ignorant about your religion to ask questions about yourself?

I'm not a very sensitive person. I usually respond to stupid questions by using sarcasm. If there's anyone out there that wants to ask real questions I'm all for it
I'm not a very sensitive person. I usually respond to stupid questions by using sarcasm. If there's anyone out there that wants to ask real questions I'm all for it

Good on you.
Reply 5
Good on you.

Thank you :smile: unfortunately though I have a feeling this post of going to be taken down now because of my response to the first user πŸ™„ This place is very highly censored
Original post by Clockrice
When are you and your family returning to your own land? Also you aren't British. :smile:

When will you be returning to whatever institute you escaped from you gremlin?
Original post by Angry Bird
you must be ugly asf irl

I loled.
Original post by Unknown-99
When will you be returning to whatever institute you escaped from you gremlin?

Are you attacking me for having mental health issues? :frown:
Are you attacking me for having mental health issues? :frown:

Nope. Just attacking you for having the IQ of a fu*king pencil. I see you made a thread asking how people would feel if the non-British population left. You should make another thread asking how people would feel if Britain kicked out most of its doctors and engineers because that is the reality if you kick out all non-British people. The NHS is already in crisis as it is now imagine how it would be if thousands of doctors were kicked out the country? How would you feel if a family member of yours fell ill but there weren't enough doctors to save them or treat them? This country would be even more of a sh*t hole than it already is without foreigners. Has it ever crossed your mind that there are more foreign/non-white doctors and engineers in Britain because foreign kids and families generally work harder than white British kids who care more about Instagram likes? But sure, kick us out.
Reply 10
Muslim speaking: are traditional muslims wrong concerning how Hijab and other things are given unequal importance for men and women? Also are we as a community doing some other thing wrong, in your opinion?
(mouthful I know, did you make intention for ramadan just now?)
When are you and your family returning to your own land? Also you aren't British. :smile:

If I was born here I am British honey. You beat get use to that x
Original post by luqs1
Muslim speaking: are traditional muslims wrong concerning how Hijab and other things are given unequal importance for men and women? Also are we as a community doing some other thing wrong, in your opinion?
(mouthful I know, did you make intention for ramadan just now?)

Depends on what you mean by 'Traditional'. Men have their own hijab rules which are often ignored or taken very lightly. I believe both men and women should be expected to follow hijab correctly as that's the rule of our religion.

We for sure do a lot wrong. For one some parents don't speak to their kids properly or communicate. They treat their children like robots to understand the rules and stick by them not taking feelings or struggles into account. My friends have these issues with their parents, and I don't like seeing them upset, and unable to talk to their parents when they need them.

Also we need to talk more as a community about certain topics that Muslims are typically embarssed to address.

And no I didn't make intentions of fasting. Lady reasons πŸ˜‚
If I was born here I am British honey. You beat get use to that x

What will you do when the free trade system breaks down, and we can't import food, energy and goods for 70,000,000 people?

The truth is that the not-British population need to prepare for the reality that will have to return to their own nations within the next 10 years.
When are you going to marry
Reply 15
Depends on what you mean by 'Traditional'. Men have their own hijab rules which are often ignored or taken very lightly. I believe both men and women should be expected to follow hijab correctly as that's the rule of our religion.

We for sure do a lot wrong. For one some parents don't speak to their kids properly or communicate. They treat their children like robots to understand the rules and stick by them not taking feelings or struggles into account. My friends have these issues with their parents, and I don't like seeing them upset, and unable to talk to their parents when they need them.

Also we need to talk more as a community about certain topics that Muslims are typically embarssed to address.

And no I didn't make intentions of fasting. Lady reasons πŸ˜‚

Yeah I defo agree on the communication stuff, the embarrassment around certain topics is very true. πŸ˜‚ Oh sorry for asking, glad it was easy to say though.

Do you think covering your hair (on your head) is obligatory for women? I personally can't make a decision cause I don't think I really understand the pressures girls feel about it.
What will you do when the free trade system breaks down, and we can't import food, energy and goods for 70,000,000 people?

The truth is that the not-British population need to prepare for the reality that will have to return to their own nations within the next 10 years.

What own nation? I have no where else to go. I was born here I have a UK passport. I don't belong in any other country. I'm British. If you can't get use to that idea you might as well move out yourself. America is still very giddy with the white population around the South πŸ‘πŸΌ
When are you going to marry

Not yet. I'm maybe in four years.
Reply 18
is it going to be love or arranged?
Original post by luqs1
Yeah I defo agree on the communication stuff, the embarrassment around certain topics is very true. πŸ˜‚ Oh sorry for asking, glad it was easy to say though.

Do you think covering your hair (on your head) is obligatory for women? I personally can't make a decision cause I don't think I really understand the pressures girls feel about it.

I can only go by what the Quran says, and though I don't cover my hair I do believe it is important for any woman in Islam.
In other words, although I don't wear it, I can't make an argument that it is not mandatory for a Muslim woman to wear one because that would be false.

Its very clear it's a part of the hijab to cover head hair. There's no other way to get around it.

So yes it is obligatory however there's a lot of hesitation around it nowadays.

Quick Reply

Latest