Advice on the IBWatch
When it comes to balancing IB with hobbies, organisation and time management is key but it is 100% possible. I had a part time job, was still able to socialise with friends and keep up with my IB studies - I was predicted 41. Having said that there are times during the IB when you won’t be able to do as much outside your studies but it really depends on how you organise your time. I will say though, try to make sure you don’t fall behind deadlines your school sets for things like EE, you’ll save yourself a lot of stress that way.
I can’t speak for any other country but in the UK, the ib looks great to unis because it showcases you as a well-rounded student as well as an independent thinker. Think of all the activites you’ll do for CAS and the independent research/ essay writing you’ll do for TOK and EE, not to mention the fact that you’ll learn a different language.
- Don't hesitate to ask for help, make sure you communicate with teachers and classmates
- Do other things, join a sport, club, etc. Keep yourself occupied and balanced, don't just use all your time for school
- Sorry for this, but please manage to your time. Procarstination is probably the biggest problem in this school
- Have a plan, or schedule that will help get through the day regarding homework or tests
- If necessary find good online tutorial courses. Last year I used these courses (linguatrip)as I am not a native
- Get work done whenever possible. If you finished lunch earlier and have some homework due in a week, do it now and save yourself some time
- Don't strees yourself out too much, give youself time for yourself
IB is a very challenging program that pushes you to your limits however, the pay is rewarding and going through it with your friends is an amazing experience.