Should I or should I not tell my parents about the guy Watch

SummerBrown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My parents went camping this weekend, I stayed home alone. I went on a date with a guy I never met before. I really like him and he wants to hang out with me again. Should I tell my mom about our date or tell him not to menchon it. He is 2 years older and I don’t want to sound immature by asking him not to tell my parents about our date cause they didn’t know. I’m scared he might say something about our date to my parents then they would be even more mad then if I tell them right away. By if that didn’t happen or we don’t hang out again then I’d tell them and maybe get in trouble for no reason. Im 16 he just turned 18.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honesty is the best policy. Don't keep secrets from your parents.
Let us know how they respond. Chances are they will be reasonable and proportionate about it.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger;t77756114)
Honesty is the best policy. Don't keep secrets from your parents.
Let us know how they respond. Chances are they will be reasonable and proportionate about it.
Okay I think I’m going to tell the truth, and I’ll tell you how they respond. Thank you
SummerBrown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I told my mom about it, she was okay about the boy part. She was just disappointed that I went somewhere with him when she wasn’t home and didn’t know. She said it could have gonna really bad, like if we got in a car accident, if he started driving somewhere else instead of Starbucks ( which was were we planned to go for our date) and that’s what she wasn’t happy about, The unsafeness about it. Which I totally get and feel bad about, I told her I’m sorry and would do it again, so I think it went alright. And she was happy that I told her now then later on or not telling her at all. Thank you for the advice it helped.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like an optimum outcome all-round.

Yes teenagers do tend to be a driving hazard. Especially when they have someone in the car they're trying to impress.
https://www.racfoundation.org/motoring-faqs/safety#a16
How good and safe a driver is this young man? If he's a calm, alert, careful driver, the next step might be to get your mum in the car with you and him? To demonstrate that you're wise enough to go on dates with teenagers who don't think they're faster than Lewis Hamilton.
It also depends what car he drives. If it's a Volvo XC90 for example - rather unlikely - that'd be good (no one in the UK has ever died in an XC90 since records began in 2004).

Your mum sounds like a good mum. And it sounds like you have a good relationship with her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads