The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why don't you ask her what she likes doing?
Does anyone know what sighted people like doing?
Reply 3
Talking to her would help, really. Admittedly, it's a slight complication but I'm sure it won't change this too much. Maybe ask her friends?
no hero in her sky
Does anyone know what sighted people like doing?

Whatever blind people like doing + Driving and Paintball
hmm i can see the problem here, she will prolly be hesitant to start with cos she cant see you .. seems harsh but i think it covers it!

id talk to her when shes with her mates and ask them as a collective wot they like doin, mayb ask if you could join them on night on a night out, and make a effort to talk to the girl, make sure u make her feel at ease around you!
Reply 6
Walk up to her, be confident and don't be cocky. Just tell her that you would like to take her out and get to know her as a person. Don't make it seem that her blindness is a hassle as that's not the point. Just be polite and normal, I'm sure it'll work out.
I think you should spend some time chatting to her first.
From her perspective, shes never seen or spoken to you and for all she knows you may look like a mass murderer.
She's got to know she can trust you before she thinks about going on a date with you!
Blind people are more likely to date people because they have a nice personality, as that is the first thing they get to know.

Go up to her in lectures, have a good chat and see if you've got anything in common. Then if she seems nice, ask if she'd like to go out sometime and where she would like to go.
Reply 8
are you serious? lmao ... what do blind people like doing, yep cause every single one is the same :tongue:
Street Pharmacologist
There is a blind uni in one of my classes and she is well fit. I am really considering approaching her and asking her out on a date but I'm not too sure how to go about this. Usually I'm very good in this situation but the fact she is blind changes everything.

I'm guessing you mean GIRL not UNI haha. I cant believe no one else noticed this!
Blind people arent from another planet lol. They probably like the same kind of things as most people.. a lot of them even like going to the movies, they can still hear it.
Just act as if she wasnt blind, she'll be offended if you act a bit akwardly around her.
Just go out for dinner or a drink, she must do that =]
Seems a bit childish, but maybe talk to her friends if your finding it really difficult. They could maybe introduce you or something.
xx
Reply 10
You realise that blind people don't all have the same set of interests, right? Ask her if she wants to go out sometime. If she says yes, ask her where she wants to go.

And the cinema isn't out of the realms of possibility. I think some of them show films with audio description.
I read the title and thought you had some form of blind girl fetish and you just wanted any blind girl...

Anyway, she's a girl just like any other girl. Just ask her out! I'm quite sure the only person that can tell you what she likes doing is her and she'll understand your nervousness.
I think you should make friends with her first its probably quite hard for a blind person to trust people especially in a dating situation.
Reply 13
Bubblebee
Going to the cinema?

oh god, sorry... it just slipped out :redface:

Garr beat me to it.

Seriously, being blind doesn't make someone different to chat up, approach her as you would do any other girl. You ll do fine!

On places to take her, Opera or Classical Music.
Reply 14
Wow, this is kinda interesting. Just talking to her would be the best option to take i think, i mean the more you talk to her, the more i would assume she'll feel comfortable around you, especially considering her handicap, your voice will the what she'll invest the most trust in.
Good luck dude, hope all goes well with you and her.
Guy Secretan
I think you should make friends with her first its probably quite hard for a blind person to trust people especially in a dating situation.

Why do they find it so hard to trust?

I'm guessing someone somewhere along the lines has invited a blind girl over to theirs and misinformed them about what they were touching
Reply 16
Friends will most likely be protective, should establish that your "good" before making your move.
Street Pharmacologist

I'm guessing someone somewhere along the lines has invited a blind girl over to theirs and misinformed them about what they were touching

I just presumed because they are more vulnerable. You could be any old pervert.
Reply 18
Something to think about when talking to her: she's blind not deaf.
It's amazing how many people talk r e a l l y s l o w l y and/or shout loudly when they're talking to blind people. Just talk to her exactly as you would someone who was sighted, and if you're going somewhere you have to tell her and don't just walk off. (Assuming she's completely blind - there are a lot of different degrees of blindness... some people can see colours, others just light/shadow etc.)
Street Pharmacologist

One of my family members is blind. It is difficult for her to trust people she doesn't know, simply because they could be anyone and could be trying to do harm/or something bad.

Like people have said before the best way is to befriend them. Talk to her friends and get to know her. And try and be helpful and not patronising, that's the most difficult thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending