ZaynBN
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,
I'm sitting for A level 9708AY economics ( CIE ) in October.
Some tips to revise economics please?
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ZaynBN)
Hello,
I'm sitting for A level 9708AY economics ( CIE ) in October.
Some tips to revise economics please?
Learn the core material, then practice exams. Know hwo to answer different sorts of exam questions.

No different from any other subject.
stevesmiths
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Good to hear that you started early preparation for economics

A level Economics is an exciting subject, it's where you will learn about supply and demand, market failure, consumer surplus, cost - benefit analysis and much more. however there is difference between reading about it and understanding and remembering it.

How do you revise for economics?

1.Start revising previous past papers.
2.Use active revision method for revision, which means constantly thinking and trying to understand the concepts involved. This is a key to successful revision.
3.For every 15 minutes, ask yourself what you have actually learnt. Don't measure your revision by time spent. Revise with other people.
4.Use technology, there are some free revision mobile apps for A Level Economics revision.
5.Revise with other people, like with your friends, classmates, etc.
ZaynBN
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by stevesmiths)
Good to hear that you started early preparation for economics

A level Economics is an exciting subject, it's where you will learn about supply and demand, market failure, consumer surplus, cost - benefit analysis and much more. however there is difference between reading about it and understanding and remembering it.

How do you revise for economics?

1.Start revising previous past papers.
2.Use active revision method for revision, which means constantly thinking and trying to understand the concepts involved. This is a key to successful revision.
3.For every 15 minutes, ask yourself what you have actually learnt. Don't measure your revision by time spent. Revise with other people.
4.Use technology, there are some free revision mobile apps for A Level Economics revision.
5.Revise with other people, like with your friends, classmates, etc.
Thank you so much <3
palisade
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
make sure to do LOADS of past paper questions. I wish I'd done more looking back on it.
qw1234
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
1. Read through your textbook.
2. Also write out what you learnt -- just reading will not consolidate everything.
3. Write responses to all sorts of questions.
4. Practice drawing all of the diagrams present.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.64%
Okay (112)
29.17%
A bit lacking (144)
37.5%
Not good at all (91)
23.7%

Watched Threads