The Student Room Group

Help! statistics 1 CIE doubt.

Hey guys, can someone please tell me how to solve this particular problem. this is the question: 4 Packets of rice are filled by a machine and have weights which are normally distributed with mean 1.04 kg and standard deviation 0.017 .
(i) Find the probability that a randomly chosen packet weighs less than 1 kg. [3]
(ii) How many packets of rice, on average, would the machine fill from 1000 kg of rice? [1]
I got part 1 but i don’t understand how to get part 2. I checked the marking scheme but still didnt understand it. Can someone explain please? it is question 4 qp63 W16.
Original post by Chelsea_12345
Hey guys, can someone please tell me how to solve this particular problem. this is the question: 4 Packets of rice are filled by a machine and have weights which are normally distributed with mean 1.04 kg and standard deviation 0.017 .
(i) Find the probability that a randomly chosen packet weighs less than 1 kg. [3]
(ii) How many packets of rice, on average, would the machine fill from 1000 kg of rice? [1]
I got part 1 but i don’t understand how to get part 2. I checked the marking scheme but still didnt understand it. Can someone explain please? it is question 4 qp63 W16.

I actually got it. it was very stupid of me. I kept thinking of 1.04 as 1004. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest