The Student Room Group

Help!!!dont know what to do

Hi, I’m currently about to finish my first year of a nursing degree but I’m contiplating dropping out and not coming bk next year even though I know I would of wasted a lot of money(only reason I’ve staying in this long?) I don’t know what I’m going to do now I’m still 18 duno if I should take a year out and reapply for 2019?Nursing is so hard and so much negativity around it when I go I on placment all nurse are asking why am I getting in to it and I just feel like it’s not right ri ght me? At my uni we go on placment in the summer and my summer is short and I just home sick thinkingr everyone else is on summer?? I just need advise I might apply for a different course within health sciences
Original post by Summerlovin99
Hi, I’m currently about to finish my first year of a nursing degree but I’m contiplating dropping out and not coming bk next year even though I know I would of wasted a lot of money(only reason I’ve staying in this long?) I don’t know what I’m going to do now I’m still 18 duno if I should take a year out and reapply for 2019?Nursing is so hard and so much negativity around it when I go I on placment all nurse are asking why am I getting in to it and I just feel like it’s not right ri ght me? At my uni we go on placment in the summer and my summer is short and I just home sick thinkingr everyone else is on summer?? I just need advise I might apply for a different course within health sciences

I cant work oit whether you are unhappy because??

1. You dont like nursing. [ find a course you do like and leave]
2. You are home sick. [ Somewhere closer to home and build up your support group]
3. You dont like this uni. [ Different uni]
4. You just dont like this placement? [ weather it and look forward to the next one]

How will your exams have gone?

I would suggest suspend studies or leave. Do not start second year.

Whilst it remains at only 1 years finance then you still have enough left for a fresh degree anywhere else.

I suggest you take a gap year and dont restart uni until you have throughly reserached and thought about which course you want. You cnat afford to make a mistake again.

You should also have a proper think about whether you can save the course. Do not go back until you are sure as cancelling after you have enrolled for second year would make it mant many times more difficult to restart elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest