The Student Room Group

Macbeth- GCSE Literature

Hi there, I am around 24hours away from beginning my first literature paper for GCSE English and was wondering if in my Macbeth response, I talk about the audience reaction and also context. I am aware you talk about it in the second paper, but not sure if I should be including it I my response for the first. If you could get back to me that would be great, my exam board is Eduqas
I think only AQA assesses context tho tbh I've never heard about Eduqas before so you can probably just google the mark scheme, it will be in the assessement objective (AO) section. Also, I'm pretty sure that all of the exam organisations would prefer it if you evaluated the stage/audience because it's shows that you're actually aware that it is a play and it allows you to have a deeper understanding to what Shakespeare is trying to achieve. I'm with AQA and I know that it's seen as essential that we write about the stage techniques and audience.

For every book and play it is essential that you mention the writer's effect on the audience because this really is the only way to get high marks. To get the top marks, however, you have to explain a technique chosen by the writer and explain the effect that it has and the reason they chose to do it, which often helps to back up with context and the writer's beliefs.

You don;t need all this to pass but it helps you get a higher grade if you do it this way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending