The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know when the moving in date is yet?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
GodspeedGehenna
Anyone know when the moving in date is yet?

As far as I know it's the weekend of the 20th/21st of September.
How I work that out is: Kent website says that term starts on the 29th, so adding on a week for Freshers week= 22nd, which is a Monday. The weekend before that should be the move in days, which is the 20th and 21st.
I heard somewhere on here that freshers week is the last week of August?
xx
http://www.kent.ac.uk/about/termdates.php

I'm going from this information :smile:
Ooh, thats probably more trustworthy!
Yay! More holidays!
xx
More holidays?
Well more than if we started at the end of August..
xx
Ah! Okay, I get it now. Was reading August as September, haha. I think the misunderstanding is from the UCAS letters saying that the start of term is the 1st of September.
Kim08
As far as I know it's the weekend of the 20th/21st of September.
How I work that out is: Kent website says that term starts on the 29th, so adding on a week for Freshers week= 22nd, which is a Monday. The weekend before that should be the move in days, which is the 20th and 21st.

That means I'll be starting a day after my 22nd birthday!!! ;yikes;

It's gonna be kinda weird...what with most people being 18-19.
I'll be older than most people in their third year...maybe even older than some post-grads!!!!!

Oh, well. You wouldn't realise it to look at me. Most people think I'm in my mid-teens!!!!! :blushing:

I'll just pretend I'm 18...bwahahahaha!!!! ;farhan;
katkit
*gasp*

I am mortally offended by you, and demand that you buy me my first drink at The Venue.

I am musical, but only in the vocal sense. Though, hand me a recorder and I'll blow your goddamn socks off. :biggrin:

Though you may be pleased to know that I am NOT one of those godawful singers that say they can sing, but all they can do is wobble their way through a Christina Aguilera song. Or screech their way through a bit of A. L. Webber.

But I am also not one of those annoying people who is constantly "I can sing, lalala, I'm just going to sing ALLLLLL the time so that people know I can sing."

Arrgh. If you can't tell, I have a lot of anger towards show-offs and deluded "singers".

I just like to sing. And can sing. ^_^

Phew, that was long. What is wrong with me?!

Is anyone worried they'll be living in the same flat/corridor/house as all the scary people?

PS: Yes, I do count as one of those I would imagine.

You sound like me, you type as you think.... nothinwrong with it..... even if your grammar suffers in translation (which mine always does!) and you end up waffling on like a tit (again, guilty).

I like singing but you'll perhaps be pleased to know i'm a shy one..... relatively. I was encouraged to go to a performing arts school... i went to the interview thing to see a load of 11 year old girls with croydon facelifts and perma-tan dancing their way to the entrance.... the rest of them warbling leanne rimes in a creepy american nasally way and I scarpered. Nothing scares me more.

I'm worried i'll be classed as the scary one. :s-smilie:
Reply 190
It's okay. Maybe it'll end up being that we're actually the scary ones and everyone doesn't wanna be roomed with us.

And I HATE grammatical errors. That's why I was so harsh on myself before. ^_^

Anyhoo.

I just wanna go. [:frown:]
I'm a pretty shy type of person. I'm quite sure that you won't scare me away :smile: It'll be nice to meet you all in September :smile:
Yeah we should all meet up and go out for a drink =]
When we get there I mean.. that would be pretty weird to do now.
xx
pinksparkles2
Yeah we should all meet up and go out for a drink =]
When we get there I mean.. that would be pretty weird to do now.
xx

Most of us would have a long journey as well :smile: Origins in Darwin college sounds like a pretty nice place to meet up for drinks.

I can't wait til September now, I want to be there and meeting new people.

I might be going to the UCAS visit day on the 2nd of April :smile:
I want to go for another visit day! It was so good before.. but its quite a long way when I only went to one last month!
Gunna take my family down to Canterbury soon though =]
xx
Yeah, I think that I might go with my parents to Canterbury in the summer.
I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September. I wish it was September.
Haha, me too :smile: I'm definately going to the UCAS Visit day next Wed now. Is anyone else going?
Reply 198
I'm already here :proud:

:getmecoat
Truered
I'm already here :proud:

:getmecoat

True :smile: You're nearly at the end of your 1st year.

Quick Reply

Latest