Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    saves having to pay £5 for 4 photos, the quality is just the same by the tiem you crop it to the required size of 100pixels odd

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that still doesnt have the welcome pack?! Should I be worried? =s
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksparkles2)
    Am I the only one that still doesnt have the welcome pack?! Should I be worried? =s
    xx
    It would seem that way! Although you don't really need it, as your Kent ID is the same as your Track number, minus the last digit.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i haven't got my welcome pack yet as well. i don't even know what accomodation i'm going to get yet as the accomodation site said check back in 48 hrs. so yeh as far as i know i'm sleeping on the grass under a tree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinkoo)
    yeh i haven't got my welcome pack yet as well. i don't even know what accomodation i'm going to get yet as the accomodation site said check back in 48 hrs. so yeh as far as i know i'm sleeping on the grass under a tree
    My friend was given that accommodation last year. Nice views he says. Though it isn't en-suite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    yeh, i used my camera on my phone
    I stood in front of a white door and had my Dad take a picture with the digital camera :giggle:

The background still came out as grey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    I stood in front of a white door and had my Dad take a picture with the digital camera :giggle:

The background still came out as grey.
    I used MS Paint..

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    That could work as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I used MS Paint..

You have rather a long neck

I'll know what to look out for if I want to meet you at Uni now :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim08)
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim08)

I'll know what to look out for if I want to meet you at Uni now :rofl:
    Person most likely to resemble a giraffe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    When we send our passport photo, do we just send it to Kent in an envelope on its own, with the writing on the back?
    Still need an answer to this. I've paid for the passport photo's so may as well use them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    Still need an answer to this. I've paid for the passport photo's so may as well use them.
    Can you not scan it and email it to them? Thats what I did.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.kent.ac.uk/gettingstarted/enrol.html

"Mailing your photo

If you cannot submit your photograph online, you must send a hard copy to the address below as soon as possible. Write your name and your Kent ID number on the reverse of the photo, and send it to the address below.

All hard copy photos received will be destroyed once processed and therefore will not be returned.

Getting Started Photographs
    Student Records Office
    University of Kent
    Canterbury,Kent
    CT2 7NZ,
    UK"

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know how restrictive the internet will be by September? I've been reading the Computing Service webpage and it's talking about audio and video communication not working for MSN etc... That sucks, that's the only reason why I got myself a webcam It does say it will "hopefully" be available by September, so it might work out.
    And I assume Steam is still blocked like back in March? Looks like I'll have to go cold turkey-gaming style :p:

ReputationRep:
    i dunno somewhere on the computing site said they were opening the ports for online gaming like xbox 360 and stuff so i guess that'll apply to pc games as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinkoo)
    i dunno somewhere on the computing site said they were opening the ports for online gaming like xbox 360 and stuff so i guess that'll apply to pc games as well
    I heard this also. Hopefully Steam will work..

If not, I'll have to dust off the 'ol LAN cable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored. Whatchu guys been up to?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we'll be able to use webcam over MSN.

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I'm bored. Whatchu guys been up to?
    Went to see 'Kung fu panda' with my boyfriend yesterday Today been online mainly..nothing exciting. Planning to go see Hellboy 2 with my Dad tomorrow though

ReputationRep:
    Worked for 6 hours (Shift Manager at Burger King...:-S) then watched Spooks Code 9, and now i'm trawling TSR and 4chan.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2013

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.