The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

jus-mi
im seriously getting worried over the accomodation business!!

Still haven't got any email about where I'll be living. ****, it's so close to the 20th, I have no idea what I'm going to do lmao.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2381
you an me both i call them this morning tho and they said that offers should be given out around 3pm....so all we can do is wait..jeesee...they need to improve on this accomodation thing because im so stressed that i've a spot on my face!!
Ugh lame. I just tried registering at my local GP so I could get my vaccinations before I came to Kent and they refused because they wouldn't have my records in time for my moving date! :frown: And to add to the confusion, they couldn't understand why I hadn't had any already, and I had to explain I had been in the US and missed them all.

I really hope these vaccinations arn't compulsary.
Reply 2383
loooolwhat vaccinations were you after .....you might have been up to date with all your shots
jus-mi
loooolwhat vaccinations were you after .....you might have been up to date with all your shots

Pretty much everything. I haven't had any since about the age of 13/14.
I might just get the shots at uni, got other things to worry about right now. :s-smilie:
[QUOTE='[TuckingFypo]']I might just get the shots at uni, got other things to worry about right now. :s-smilie:

Yeah, I'm starting to think the same.
Reply 2387
looool...yeah you might as well...i wanna get that freshers pass thingy, but i don't know how much it is
jus-mi
you an me both i call them this morning tho and they said that offers should be given out around 3pm....so all we can do is wait..jeesee...they need to improve on this accomodation thing because im so stressed that i've a spot on my face!!

Yeah, I'll be ****ting myself until 3pm now. What's worse is I haven't even started looking for other places off-campus..
how long till the freshers week activities are announced?
[QUOTE='[TuckingFypo]']Yeah, I'll be ****ting myself until 3pm now. What's worse is I haven't even started looking for other places off-campus..
there is loads of off campus accom available in canters, you will be fine
katkit
I can't afford to do anything in Freshers Week (...not kidding...) so I'll probably go to the Alternative one. ^_~

:yep: i second that! ive worked out that with my installments of my loans and grants after alls been paid on the first term interms of rent and fees,i have something like £500 to last me until january:s-smilie: so im getting a job as soon as i get up there!
jus-mi
looool...yeah you might as well...i wanna get that freshers pass thingy, but i don't know how much it is

It's £40, I think. I might get one if I can.
I'm having the least productive day ever.

Went to GP to try and get registered, and I couldn't..

Tried to open a student account, but couldn't because I didn't have my term address to hand.

I woke up at 10:30am to do stuff for nothing. Humph.
Reply 2394
I always have the least productive days, procrastination FTW. :rolleyes:

As I type there are **** loads of crap all around me, I have no idea how I'm gonna cope going from a big room to those cupboards they call rooms....no spaceeeee.
Reply 2395
Start A RIOT!
:yep: i second that! ive worked out that with my installments of my loans and grants after alls been paid on the first term interms of rent and fees,i have something like £500 to last me until january:s-smilie: so im getting a job as soon as i get up there!

That isn't -nothing-!!! I have £100 for goodness sakes!!
Reply 2396
Also - I apologise, people, I'm a little stressed out atm. Not feeling very happy. :frown:
Reply 2397
katkit
Also - I apologise, people, I'm a little stressed out atm. Not feeling very happy. :frown:

Aw :console:

What about overdraft and such?

I applied for the halifax one, its up to £3,000.
Reply 2398
Em_maK
Aw :console:

What about overdraft and such?

I applied for the halifax one, its up to £3,000.

You start off with the £1,250 and then it goes up in year 2 etc, etc. If you stay 'til year 5 you get the full £3,000. :yep:

I'm with NatWest, as I've banked with them for a few years now - but I'm pretty sure I won't get the overdraft as I'm already in money trouble and have a bad credit score because of my phone bill and such.

*grins* Dear me, things are a little ****ty in my head right now. But I'll sort it out.

SUPER KITTY ALWAYS LANDS ON HER PAWS!! :biggrin:
Reply 2399
katkit
You start off with the £1,250 and then it goes up in year 2 etc, etc. If you stay 'til year 5 you get the full £3,000. :yep:

When I contacted them they gave me details [in plain english lol] that said that you'd get more your first year if you had some sort of steady income...eg salary, obviously the loans etc and parental contributions which I'll have..so I'm hoping for a little more, to be on the safe side :yep:

Money is great when you have it, horrid when you don't :frown: I have um...£4 to my name right now? Good times :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending