Turn on thread page Beta

I'm £30 into my overdraft.. :eek:

Finally applied for student finance though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katkit)
    You start off with the £1,250 and then it goes up in year 2 etc, etc. If you stay 'til year 5 you get the full £3,000. :yep:

I'm with NatWest, as I've banked with them for a few years now - but I'm pretty sure I won't get the overdraft as I'm already in money trouble and have a bad credit score because of my phone bill and such.

*grins* Dear me, things are a little ****ty in my head right now. But I'll sort it out.

SUPER KITTY ALWAYS LANDS ON HER PAWS!!
    100% you will get the overdraft with natwest i promise you, i had 2 defaults on 2 overdrafts from when i was a **** at 18 and i still got the overdraft lol of 1250

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    100% you will get the overdraft with natwest i promise you, i had 2 defaults on 2 overdrafts from when i was a **** at 18 and i still got the overdraft lol of 1250
    Don't get my hopes up, mister!! So... you already had an account with NatWest? If so, did they still send you information through and asked you to come in with proof of your student status? I only ask 'cos I haven't heard back from them yet. I know I've got the account because I ordered a new chequebook (I just wanted one teehee, I'll probably never use it!!) and it says "Student Account", but I haven't actually heard anything from them yet.

And did you have to take ID? My passport has run out and I only have a birth certificate/bank statements/phone bills etc... arrgh... I was refused one at HSBC cos I didn't have photo ID...

ReputationRep:
    Well for my halifax one they said I had to bring in my passport then I could have my provisional licence or bank statement or bill....well both my licence and bank statements still have my old address on....whooooops.

So now I have to wait until I get my new licence back to prove my identity..I have the bank account just can't get the cheque book/overdraft until then. gaaaaah.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get my hopes up, mister!! So... you already had an account with NatWest? If so, did they still send you information through and asked you to come in with proof of your student status? I only ask 'cos I haven't heard back from them yet. I know I've got the account because I ordered a new chequebook (I just wanted one teehee, I'll probably never use it!!) and it says "Student Account", but I haven't actually heard anything from them yet.

And did you have to take ID? My passport has run out and I only have a birth certificate/bank statements/phone bills etc... arrgh... I was refused one at HSBC cos I didn't have photo ID...
    i already had a normal account with natwest, so i logged on to the website, made a new "student account" and waited for them to send me the shizzle, the shizzle consisted of a form to fill in with which i had to send off along with a copy of my UCAS application status thingy letter, i then got a cheque book then my pin and card came bout 2 weeks after. Then i closed my other account and phoned up (as i was in the same position as you with bad credit and was to pussy to go in store!!!!) and asked them to activate my overdraft. i was thinking oh god here we go, they are going say no, and they activated it in like 2 mins lol. I didnt need any proof of id or anything that way

hope that makes sensce? i dont want to disclose too much about my finances but i had a shocker when i was younger, and if i can get the overdraft yo can too

*edit* when i had my normal account previously, i had online banking set up so i didnt have to provide too many details as they already had it, when i applied for the student account online i jsut clicked the option saying i already have an account, i typed in my number and my details came up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    i already had a normal account with natwest, so i logged on to the website, made a new "student account" and waited for them to send me the shizzle, the shizzle consisted of a form to fill in with which i had to send off along with a copy of my UCAS application status thingy letter, i then got a cheque book then my pin and card came bout 2 weeks after. Then i closed my other account and phoned up (as i was in the same position as you with bad credit and was to pussy to go in store!!!!) and asked them to activate my overdraft. i was thinking oh god here we go, they are going say no, and they activated it in like 2 mins lol. I didnt need any proof of id or anything that way

hope that makes sensce? i dont want to disclose too much about my finances but i had a shocker when i was younger, and if i can get the overdraft yo can too

*edit* when i had my normal account previously, i had online banking set up so i didnt have to provide too many details as they already had it, when i applied for the student account online i jsut clicked the option saying i already have an account, i typed in my number and my details came up
    No, thanks for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it. Really. ^_^

You got a new card?! I thought people with a Current account with them didn't get a new card! Dammit, I want a new CARD!

Hmmm. Hope I get MY shizzle through soon.

Thanks, hon; really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    This might be a stupid question but what do you need to click on, on the student portal to find out the timetables?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.kent.ac.uk/gettingstarted/modules.html at the bottomof that page clcik 'choose now' then enter your username and password then click on 'detail&study' and theen click on 'my timestable'

ReputationRep:
    :yep: pretty much.

I need a virtual slap in the face tomorrow in order to get off my arse and do some sorting!

ReputationRep:
    15 days to go!

Some replies....

Kim you ****, you're not fat. I've seen your photos and you aren't fat. You're what, a size 12, 14 at the most? Yeah, I'm much bigger than that. Just lucky for me that I don't have a completely hideous face to go with it. I'm just about bearable to look at if you squint your eyes a bit.

So shhh. You're making me feel huge
    Hehe, thanks I've seen your photos too (well, at least your face) and you look pretty to me

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Fun fun!

Can I suggest the Sunday? My 'rents are going to be hanging around all Saturday during the day and most of Sunday morning, so maybe Sunday afternoon? We could meet and get coffee or something (be sophisticated!)
    Ooh, I'll come

ReputationRep:
    Sunday it is then

Where shall we go for la coffee?
    Who else is coming? *prods boys* You could have tea, or something, if coffee is not your thing... I have noticed its more of a girl thing :p:

I can't believe that tomorrow it will be two weeks away...I'm not ready at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    Sunday it is then

Where shall we go for la coffee?
    Who else is coming? *prods boys* You could have tea, or something, if coffee is not your thing... I have noticed its more of a girl thing :p:

I can't believe that tomorrow it will be two weeks away...I'm not ready at all!
    are you all meeting up for cofee

there are so many places to go in canters its not even funny, i dont no what went wrong, but in the last 4 years its been taken over by starbucks and costa and all those places, everyone jumped om the bandwagon and it looks as tho they feel compelled to sell cofee lol

I live for coffee.

ReputationRep:
    What what what? TSR gathering? I'm up for that. Sunday?

I think they mean the Sunday we actually get there? Not the 7th..or 14th. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [TuckingFypo])
    I think they mean the Sunday we actually get there? Not the 7th..or 14th. :ninja:
    :yep: I'm up for that.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously when we get there silly :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Well after a lot of travelling... I'm back in the UK

As for this weather... WTF? Like, seriously.

There is SOO much reading to do on here...

Can't believe how soon it is, I have so much to do. Need to open a student account, was gonna do that today but just realised my driving license has my old address on it. Grrr.

Think I'm gonna go to Kent tomorrow with my friend in 3rd year, try and see my room, job-hunting, exploring.. and all that jazz.

I noticed on my SDS I've been assigned a tutor, anyone else? There weren't really any updates on my timetable, though. Is the 'new' SDS in proper use yet? I've logged in, but the old seems to generally more info on it still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspect)
    Well after a lot of travelling... I'm back in the UK

As for this weather... WTF? Like, seriously.

There is SOO much reading to do on here...

Can't believe how soon it is, I have so much to do. Need to open a student account, was gonna do that today but just realised my driving license has my old address on it. Grrr.

Think I'm gonna go to Kent tomorrow with my friend in 3rd year, try and see my room, job-hunting, exploring.. and all that jazz.

I noticed on my SDS I've been assigned a tutor, anyone else? There weren't really any updates on my timetable, though. Is the 'new' SDS in proper use yet? I've logged in, but the old seems to generally more info on it still.

Welcome to England..home of torrential downpours... :rolleyes:

I had the same problem, so now I have to wait until my new licence comes. Lame.

I haven't got a tutor yet I want to see who it is so I can...er... stalk them on the kent website.. :ninja:

How was the flight? Flying makes me feel so, so ill.

ReputationRep:
    no assigned tutor for me yet

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2013

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.