Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    Its fun if its done all nicely and weeks before the trip/event *is lame*
    :p:
    Haha, I'll take your word for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    I'm going back three days before the freshers and I still haven't begun thinking about packing :doh:
    Don't even get me started. I got back from the US on Thursday, unpacked ALL my stuff into my new room (parents moved house since I was last in the UK), got everything into a nice order, put the suitcases up in the loft and all.

Then thought to myself... WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST DO. I'm moving out in like 15 days.

D'oh.

ReputationRep:
    I've sorted my clothes and jewellery out (don't have much, lol) but I need to sort my shoes, DVDs and CDs out. Got pretty much everything now, but it's not packed yet.

That First Aid thing sounds very intersting, just don't want to take too much on at once...

ReputationRep:
    ugh just remembered another cost...bus ticket..

"Tickets available NOW. (valid from 15th September)

Take advantage of our special offer for early birds and buy an annual ticket for the price of one term! That's £120 for the whole academic year. This offer runs until 3rd October only, after that, the price will be the normal £240."

Ouch.
    Apparently there will be a bus come to campus during freshers week to sell the tickets...I'm gonna get one because its cheaper and a lot easier than trying to find the money for the bus when you're run out!

But more money going before I ever see it...

ReputationRep:
    First Aid is so worth it. I did the 4 days St Johns Ambulance First Aid Instructor course through my time in the Air Training Corps. So far i've managed to help out in 2 car crashes and started compressions on a near drowning incident until the paramedics arrived...:-)

ReputationRep:
    Owwchhh. I'm glad I've got my savings but I can see them rapidly disappearing.

I'm going to have to hold out on the bus ticket for a bit I think, where does it get us to? Just into Canterbury? Or all around? 'Cos hopefully this horse is going to be on a bus route that goes from Canterbury... Argh.

ETA - Remind me to look at that volunteering thing later on (tomorrow, lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    ugh just remembered another cost...bus ticket..

"Tickets available NOW. (valid from 15th September)

Take advantage of our special offer for early birds and buy an annual ticket for the price of one term! That's £120 for the whole academic year. This offer runs until 3rd October only, after that, the price will be the normal £240."

Ouch.
    Apparently there will be a bus come to campus during freshers week to sell the tickets...I'm gonna get one because its cheaper and a lot easier than trying to find the money for the bus when you're run out!

But more money going before I ever see it...

what tickets? a bus pass?

ReputationRep:
    bus thingie

those prices are out of date tho, if you get it early its £120 until the end of term...so from the 15th sept until 19/06/2009

ReputationRep:
    Interesting ...
    Employability Stats:

WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY DEGREE IN ...?
    Find out the jobs and postgraduate courses graduates in your subject have entered.

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/degreein.htm

ReputationRep:
    I have almost everything Started packing it too.

According to my handbook, the times for arrivals are midday to 10pm on Saturday, and 8am to 10pm on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I've got everything but Japanese on my timetable. All my German modules are compulsory though...

I haven't got Japanese yet either and its compulsary for me!

I should start packing tbh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booraad)
    Interesting ...
    Employability Stats:

WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY DEGREE IN ...?
    Find out the jobs and postgraduate courses graduates in your subject have entered.

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/degreein.htm
    Someone who did Drama went on to become a McDonalds floor manager.

One can dream.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be sad...just don't work in Mcdonalds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katkit)
    *laughs* You didn't need to do that, that was really nice of you!! You really didn't have to though.

The 'jewel in the rough' was before 'really nice', so I'll never get back there unless I get neg rep...

Which I don't really want :awesome:
    Who did it? Whoooo repped me for this post?

:awesome: Thank you...

But who was it, dammit?

ReputationRep:
    Who did it? Whoooo repped me for this post?

:awesome: Thank you...

But who was it, dammit?
    Hehe, now you're a glorious beacon of light

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, I am!! WAAAY better than "really nice"

Was it you, Kim?

ReputationRep:
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, I am!! WAAAY better than "really nice"

Was it you, Kim?
    ^ I now know that this is not correct, but thank you so much for repping me again you must think I'm a rep-grabbing whore... teehee.

Thank you Kim!! ^_^ Now, to track down my mystery repper...

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.