Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yup im in Parkwood Lypeat court havnt found anyone in my house yet tho!

I was gonna use the TV for dvds/playstation as i dont watch tv anyway n wunt be watching it, I could use my laptop for DVD's but its crap!

you on campus?

ReputationRep:
    yep! eliot college..honestly i don't think its worth bringing a TV!!....apparently even if watch stuff on your laptop u still need a license :eek:...and license cost about £100 a year :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i'm bringing my xbox 360 so i'll need to buy a tv when i get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus-mi)
    yep! eliot college..honestly i don't think its worth bringing a TV!!....apparently even if watch stuff on your laptop u still need a license :eek:...and license cost about £100 a year :eek:
    Not quite, if you look on the TV licensing site it says anything operating off batteries comes under your parents license (if they have one). So you'd probably get away with a laptop + TV tuner or iplayer. http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/informa...ents.jsp#link1

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking my 32" hdtv, but thats because I can't stand the laptop screen! So I have a really decent size computer monitor, and i'm bringing my 360 so it all works out pretty well. As for TV i'm going to rely on SkyPlayer, iPlayer and 4OD.

ReputationRep:
    £140 actually :dry:

I'm bringing a Tv for my xbox/DVDs.

My room has no aerial socket, so it's much easier for me to show I'm not using the TV for live broadcast- I just won't have a bloody aerial :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalby)
    I'm taking my 32" hdtv, but thats because I can't stand the laptop screen! So I have a really decent size computer monitor, and i'm bringing my 360 so it all works out pretty well. As for TV i'm going to rely on SkyPlayer, iPlayer and 4OD.

I briefly considered taking my HDTV but its too far to move the thing so gonna go with the iplayer route and possibly something smaller.

But i'll go with the Iplayer route too coz I dont watch tv tbh

also anyone got that email from accom? It says if you follow the top link "arrive within reception opening hours 8am-10pm"

thought it was midday onward?

ReputationRep:
    couldn'tyou just like share with someone else who is going to be bringing a tv with them...oh yeah don't halls of residence have like a common room...they should have tv there

ReputationRep:
    yeah i just got the email!...

ReputationRep:
    couldn'tyou just like share with someone else who is going to be bringing a tv with them...oh yeah don't halls of residence have like a common room...they should have tv there
    Tyler A at least only had kitchens as "common areas".

And given what happened some nights there, you could easily wake up to find the TV missing (along with some food, the no smoking signs on the wall and other stuff that had been left there)

Did I mention sharing a building with 300 students can suck at times?

ReputationRep:
    but thats better than eliot!! lolol!....i still feel bringing a tv is not worth it!...plus you won't be in your room all day long

ReputationRep:
    yeah i just got the email!...
    I'm starting to get a little annoyed that I don't get these Kent emails anymore.. I'm worried I could miss something important.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out who my tutor is from the student data system

ReputationRep:
    I got the email too, but at the bottom it said:

"Shh, don't tell Aspect."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim08)
    Just found out who my tutor is from the student data system
    Owh, mine is still blank.

So far I have found two housemates, and they're both French! I hope they don't leave me out of conversations by speaking French all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Owh, mine is still blank.

So far I have found two housemates, and they're both French! I hope they don't leave me out of conversations by speaking French all the time

I havnt found a soul in my house yet :no:

then again I havnt seen anyone from 1,2,3 lypeat on here or facebook? 4 onwards have people tho...

o well i'll be reet :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I got the email too, but at the bottom it said:

"Shh, don't tell Aspect."

BOOOO.

ReputationRep:
    I've found some people in Darwin, but then it is a slightly bigger place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspect)
    I'm starting to get a little annoyed that I don't get these Kent emails anymore.. I'm worried I could miss something important.

the funny thing about this is that the email that i used to register for accomodation they didn't send it to that email, but the email i used to send enquiries on why i hadn't been given accomodation they sent it to that!...so basically check all your email accounts

ReputationRep:
    I always get the Kent emails and I didn't get that one...oh well.

Just set up my student account Was worried that I wouldn't be able to because I didn't have proof of address [no full licence, bills, tax etc] but they found me on the electoral roll online so allllll good

Now I have to wait until my temp password comes so I can use it online...not sure what sort of overdraft I have atm but if I want to extend it I just have to go into a branch.

The bugger is that they won't send my debit card for 7-10 working days...so it most likely won't be here before I go! darn it. My parents will have to send it to me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2013

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.