2008 Kent Students Watch

KentWill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Em_maK)
I just had my hair cut and I hate it :cry:

Its gone from lower back to mid back- 4 inches off....layers are too short, and then she used the thinning shears! I didn't even ask her too...she said "Do you want me to use the thinning shears?" and I said "oh I've never had it done..." THAT IS NOT A YES.

1 week to go and I have an awful haircut. Ffs.
I know the feeling, and really sympathise with you. About a week ago when I had my hair cut I asked the hairdresser to "trim" my medium-long length brown hair. Unfortunately, he took little notice of my instructions, and proceeded to chop a fair bit off the sides and took the back the right up. He even layered it quite extensively in places, which is a look I despise. :mad: On the positive side though, my hair grows exceptionally quickly, and already I can see it's growing back into its usual style and looking observably sleeker. I was fuming when I stormed back home, though my anger has since receded due to the above. I hope you're happy with your hair soon enough.

P.S. would you ever confront a hairdresser if you really hated what they'd done to your hair, or, like me, would you just thank them for their work whilst seething inwardly and then run out of the hairdressers as speedily as you could?
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh I'd never complain I just say thanks and pay :| Passive aggression doesn't get you anywhere really

I need to straighten it into submission and see what I can do with it
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you got a pic Em? If you don't like it that much it might be worth trotting over to the Beauty/Fashion forum, they're good at things like that
KentWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Em, if your hair still's half way down your back, surely there's loads that you can do with it. There must be dozens of styles you can brush it into. It's when you get your hair cut really short that you should start to panic.
Missy67
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm getting my hair done soon... hope it goes better than you guys!
KentWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hehe, good luck. Remember, if you don't like what your hairdresser's doing, stop them instantly! Just sitting their assuming that they're going to cut your hair exactly how you want it can lead to disaster.

On a different topic, I've just received a pale green coloured letter from Kent with 'Welcome to Kent' in all different languages adorning its upper half. I'm about to open it now. I wonder what it could be.
General Mullet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since I've had long hair I haven't had a decent haircut. The last one I had was horrible, not even remotely what I asked for. I remember being angry for a week and came very close to shaving it all off. I'm glad I stuck with it now as it has grown back nicely.

So my only advice is be patient it will grow back :o:
Aspect
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KentWill)
Was that really your 999th post? If so, are you preparing a dramatic, momentous 1000th one?
No.

EDIT:

:juggle::woo::rock::woo::happy2:
HAPPY
:happy2::woo::rock::woo::juggle:
:ymca:
:party:
:angelwings::groovy::groovy::dancing2::dancing2:
1000th POST
:dancing2::dancing2::groovy::groovy::angelwings:
:ymca:
:party:
:bhangra::thumbsup::dancing::beer::cheers::beer::cheers:
TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheers::beer::cheers::beer::dancing::thumbsup::bhangra:

:wavey:
:train:
:tsr2::tsr2::tsr2::tsr2::tsr2::tsr2::tsr2::tsr2:

:bebored:
Aspect
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ How was that?
KentWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hehe.

What a splendid, colourful use of emoticons. A most flamboyant display!

It was definitely befitting of the magnitude of you making your thousandth post. :bumps:

Congrats from me. :shakehand:
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol! nice :p:
ChicaBonita
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone getting the Venue Gold pass?
135 quid for the whole year?

I'm thinking not. There's no way I'd want to go to all the events (120 of them), and without the pass I think I can afford to be more selective
Affinity
Report 10 years ago
I read that in some of the accommodation you have to use your Student ID card as a key. Does that apply for Darwin College? Just wondering because I'm probably arriving quite late on the campus and I think you can only pick up your ID card until 4:45pm, right?
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got my hair cut yesterday. Really like how it has turned out

Great 1000th post!

I think you need your card to get into your room in Darwin college. Think you get it from reception?
Aspect
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Affinity)
I read that in some of the accommodation you have to use your Student ID card as a key. Does that apply for Darwin College? Just wondering because I'm probably arriving quite late on the campus and I think you can only pick up your ID card until 4:45pm, right?
I thought that was only the very new ones e.g. Tyler B/C.

But if you're not gonna arrive in time to pick up your ID card, how are you gonna pick up your keys anyway...?
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've straightened my hair into submission; it looks better.

Still, means I can't wear my hair al naturals without a load of products [my hair is wavy] mehhhhh.

I burnt my finger on my GHD's
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Em_maK)
I've straightened my hair into submission; it looks better.

Still, means I can't wear my hair al naturals without a load of products [my hair is wavy] mehhhhh.

I burnt my finger on my GHD's
:console:
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Ok, less of the woe is me.

7 days...:woo:

Its gone so fast
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm having mine cut on Thursday, I'm contemplating trying a new style (it's just shoulder length and meh at the moment) but I never know what.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everyones getting their hair cut whilst they can still afford to :p:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads