The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

My glasses are annoying me. They're a really wierd style in that the hinge is in an odd place and so my hair keeps getting caught in them.

And the woman at Specsavers tightened them too tight and they're pushing into my ear :frown:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 3081
There are no pictures of me...for a reason...

If I manage to take a decent one of myself for the ID that may make its way online, but I doubt it.

:p:
Kalby
Oh, by the way everyone. I finally got round to making my profile on here, so you can see what I look like if you want :s-smilie:

You look like the guy in your avatar!

I'm a bit of an RAF brat too, well I'm a kinda pseudo one... My Dads in the RAF but we got really lucky with our postings and apart from a few years in Germany we've managed to stay in pretty much the same area, give or take a couple of tours he went on in the Falklands and Middle East. Plus the year he spent up at the top of Scotland... That was fun. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I almost wish we had moved more... 'Cos you get to see such wonderful countries. And the American bases are friggin' awesome, if you can get a pass for them. :yep:
I swapped my profile pic for a screenshot of an anime :biggrin:
Reply 3084
I lived at RAFU Goose Bay in Canada for 4 years, that was pretty amazing, and did like 6 months here and there in Gibralatar, Alaska, Cyprus, Falklands. School was awful because I never had the same friends more than 6-12 months! :s-smilie:

Hah! I wish I looked more like Jarvis Cocker. He's so cool...
Reply 3085
GodspeedGehenna
I swapped my profile pic for a screenshot of an anime :biggrin:

Respect for Guybrush Threepword as your avatar though :yep:
Reply 3086
Rosbif:

Your comments are cringeworthily unfunny. You are completely predictable.

I promise you you that these tedious one-liners you keep delivering do not constitute the wonderfully sharp quips that you intend them to be.

Your attempts at humour are regularly disastrous. Please stop trying to amuse us or manifest what you, in your deluded state, consider to be your peerless wit. Neither your comments, nor yourself, are comical in any way.

Lastly, and I hate to inform you of this, this isn't Mock the Week, and you are not one of the pundits thereon. Likewise, you are not the paragon of comedy or witty sage that you consider yourself to be.

Just eff off and die!
Kalby
I lived at RAFU Goose Bay in Canada for 4 years, that was pretty amazing, and did like 6 months here and there in Gibralatar, Alaska, Cyprus, Falklands. School was awful because I never had the same friends more than 6-12 months! :s-smilie:

Hah! I wish I looked more like Jarvis Cocker. He's so cool...

I'd love to live in Canada, sounds great. Most of the time (apart from Germany) my Dad went on his own and left us here. Not sure which I'd have preferred... No Dad for 6 months - 18 months and a constant home or constantly changing friends and a complete family for 90% of the time rather than 50%.
Reply 3088
KentWill
Rosbif:

I promise you you that these tedious one-liners you keep delivering do not constitute the wonderfully sharp quips that you intend them to be.

Your attempts at humour are regularly disastrous. Please stop trying to amuse us or manifest what you, in your deluded state, consider to be your peerless wit. Neither your comments, nor yourself, are comical in any way.

Lastly, and I hate to inform you of this, this isn't Mock the Week, and you are not one of the pundits thereon. Likewise, you are not the paragon of comedy or witty sage that you consider yourself to be.

Just eff off and die!

Go away. It's supposed to be a light hearted discussion forum.
KentWill
Rosbif:

Just eff off and die!

If you are this belligerent in person (which I very much doubt you are) please don't come to the meet. Just stop arguing with people, seriously, it's ruining all the friendly vibes.
Reply 3090
You're both as bad as each other; sometimes I do wonder if you actually are the same person, given the similarities.

Just please, be quiet.
Reply 3091
GodspeedGehenna
If you are this belligerent in person (which I very much doubt you are) please don't come to the meet. Just stop arguing with people, seriously, it's ruining all the friendly vibes.

For your information, I am not naturally aggressive. However when provoked with haughty, egoistic, self-adoring fools like Rosbif I can get very irate.

And it is him, through his snide remarks, who is spoiling the atmosphere on this thread. The sarcasm and hauteur that he is letting seep into it when he makes his smug jibes at me is what you should really be chastening. Obviously I am the aggressor, however. Can't you see past his insidiousness?

And what makes you think I wanted to come to this rendezvous you have all been planning?
Reply 3092
I did some online shopping today (new mouse+keyboard, printer cartridges, etc.) Hope it comes by the time I have to leave for Canterbury... And I've started packing properly! Yay. I've done books so far.
Reply 3093
Missy67
I did some online shopping today (new mouse+keyboard, printer cartridges, etc.) Hope it comes by the time I have to leave for Canterbury... And I've started packing properly! Yay. I've done books so far.

Me too, but clothes shopping. I'm about to buy a new studded belt, a shemagh scarf and some cardis. I'm desparely hoping they come by Saturday. Maybe it'd be worth paying for first class delivery.
KentWill

And what makes you think I wanted to come to this rendezvous you have all been planning?

You've got to come, I was looking forward to meeting you. Come on! Don't let Rosbif put you off...
Reply 3095
KentWill
For your information, I am not naturally aggressive. However when provoked with haughty, egoistic, self-adoring fools like Rosbif I can get very irate.

And it is him, through his snide remarks, who is spoiling the atmosphere on this thread. The sarcasm and hauteur that he is letting seep into it when he makes his smug jibes at me is what you should really be chastening. Obviously I am the aggressor, however. Can't you see past his insidiousness?

Look, this is meant to be a light hearted forum for people to exchange information and get to know their prospective class/university mates before the big off.

Half of the posts that you've accused me of attacking you in seem to have no relevance whatsoever to either yourself or what you're accusing me of. Just calm down and stop making an idiot of yourself.

If you don't want to attend this rendez-vous then don't post scores of times on the thread relating to it.
Reply 3096
KentWill
Me too, but clothes shopping. I'm about to buy a new studded belt, a shemagh scarf and some cardis. I'm desparely hoping they come by Saturday. Maybe it'd be worth paying for first class delivery.

I generally don't bother with first class delivery, since around 2/3 of the time I get things very quickly even on free delivery. I took a risk this time, I suppose. But I'm coming back home for a concert a few weekends after moving, so I won't be without the stuff for too long if it doesn't come soon.
Reply 3097
I totally am cleaning my room right now, not on the internet at all...:ninjagirl:

multi tasking ftw.
I sorted out all my underwear last night.
I have so many pairs of socks now. And 12 pairs of tights. I thought I had none! :shock:
I'm in heaven :biggrin:
Reply 3099
It took me three hours just to sort out my damned CD's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending