Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3160
KentWill
I wanted to bring my big Mastermind chair down me to replace the chair supplied by the university, but I concluded it was far too cumbersome to place in the car. :no: So I'll just have to make do with the former. Or buy a new one in Canterbury and have the pleasure of hauling this up the hill. :smile:

I'll probably just buy some kind of throw or cushions or something and make it look nicer.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 3161
jamesw88
Yeah, bit of a dodgy chair haha. Not comfortable at all, I can tell you.

By the looks of it us Tyler Court folk get a pretty comfy looking spinny-round office chair! :smile:
Can't remember my student number, any idea where I can find it? It's the last thing I need in my medical registration, and then I'm done (I think, I've done Accomodation, Fees, Modules and now doing Drs - Anything I missed?)
Scrap that - Found it, I'm an idiot :p:
Reply 3164
I think it's identical to our UCAS number but with the last number missing.
Yep - I've spent the last hour trying to figure out what it is and then it just hit me that it's on the first page (my UCAS confirmation page) in my booklet of documents that's sat next to me.
Reply 3166
Maybe you could do what I've done and make a document that contains a list of your student ID number, UCAS number, passwords, IT username and password etc...
I did have a document with it all in it, but somewhere along the line it hasn't saved properly and it's reverted back to just my username and loan password. Silly thing!
Reply 3168
Hmm, I wonder if you can pay the tuition fees in installments...
Reply 3169
can i ask when they have done your ID card what should it say on the student portal thingy?!!..
Replying to posts since I was last here (about 5 pages worth!)

jus-mi
yeah im kinda like that but with my student finance they haven't sent me the updated version of that letter you take to your registration .......i think you should call them up thats what i did and they said it should be with me in a couple of days if not take the old copy down to kent and explain the situation they should be able to give more time to recieve your letter

I just got my new assessment details today. I get more money :biggrin: So glad to get that letter ready for when I get there.

katkit
Right, I can't freaking find it anymore - what's the webpage for the Student Portal BETA version?

https://portal.kent.ac.uk/uPortal/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP

kiss_me_now9
I've got it all in a folder... The letter from Kent telling me that I've got in, the letter from UCAS, the Accomdation confirmation, the Deposit payment confirmation, my exam results certificates and some passport photos.

I have a folder with everything in it too :smile: I file every letter etc I get in it's allotted place.

katkit
I LOOOVE making lists. I've made so, so many in the time that it's taken from me finding out I had an unconditional place (October) to now that I have to throw them away and write new ones in their place...

I have a problem.

:ditto:

Em_maK
pfft, CD's. I haven't brought a CD since I was about 14 or so.

Sounds like me. I don't own much music, although I like to listen to it.
jus-mi
can i ask when they have done your ID card what should it say on the student portal thingy?!!..

Well, if you've just enrolled without having your ID card done then it just says 'enrolled' I think. That's what mine says :frown: When you get your ID card done, I'm guessing (though not entirely sure) that it says something like 'Enrolled and photo verified and into ID card'.
Reply 3172
I sent them my photo (via e-mail) about a week after I enrolled.

I trust there'll still be able to make up my ID card.

If they couldn't they'd have sent me an e-mail, right?
KentWill
I sent them my photo (via e-mail) about a week after I enrolled.

I trust there'll still be able to make up my ID card.

If they couldn't they'd have sent me an e-mail, right?

Well they seem to be sending emails to all those they need photos from, so I guess you're all right.
Reply 3174
Great, though I did ask them to e-mail me back confirming the photograph I submitted was suitable and could be used on my ID card.
KentWill
Great, though I did ask them to e-mail me back confirming the photograph I submitted was suitable and could be used on my ID card.

I was hoping they'd email back to me too. Didn't ask them to though. I hope that it's all all right.
Reply 3176
Goodness me, my eyes are sore.

Getting used to my new glasses. Arrgh.
katkit
Goodness me, my eyes are sore.

Getting used to my new glasses. Arrgh.

Aw, I know how that feels :hugs: Mine used to hurt the side of my face :frown:
do they have a Natwest bank on campus or near?
Reply 3179
apparently yeah theres a natwest bank on campus!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending