2008 Kent Students Watch

markstuart44
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I've just accepted an unconditional offer from Kent!
pinksparkles2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I decided to do it the day before it was due!! Stayed up VERY late that night. Not getting my hopes up though.
Fairy dust how did they let you know?
Post? Email?
xx
username158544
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by markstuart44)
Curse you, you lucky boy!!!

I'm dreading my A2 exams!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pinksparkles2)
I decided to do it the day before it was due!! Stayed up VERY late that night. Not getting my hopes up though.
Fairy dust how did they let you know?
Post? Email?
xx
e-mail - good luck
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by markstuart44)
Congrats I have an unconditional place too
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fairy.Dust.Forever)
e-mail - good luck
I haven't got one yet I'm guessing that they send you one whether you're successful or not then. I'm not holding out much hope.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Well, I had a fun night in A&E and the police station until 4am this morning. Here's why

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=560493
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
Well, I had a fun night in A&E and the police station until 4am this morning. Here's why

:eek: That's awful! Hope you're feeling better from all your injuries soon!
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

eep!
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kim08)
:eek: That's awful! Hope you're feeling better from all your injuries soon!
Hehe, I'm not too bad. My neck is really bruised and cut up and both of my feet are a bit bloody so walking is a bit tricky. Overall, it could of been much worse than it was.
markstuart44
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Saruken)
Curse you, you lucky boy!!!

I'm dreading my A2 exams!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:
I havn't done A levels. I'm doing a foundation year first.

The great thing about Kent (at least with their Physical Science department) is they don't care what grades you have, as long as you have an interest in the subject. Or at least this is what one of the professors told me during my open day.
free_one
Report 10 years ago
GodspeedGehenna - that sounds like one hell of a night (not in a good way!)

was your uncle hurt at all?
hope you get better soon tho!
goali2
Report 10 years ago
tried to read all the 18 pages but its waaaay tooo long. Just wanted to drop by and say hi. Currently on my gap year and its just dragging along. Can't wait till it gets over so that I can go to uni. Saying that I am still confused on which uni to pick. tryin to decide between Brunel and Kent. I have unconditional offers from both. I rather go to kent over Brunel anyday but its just that the course at Brunel seems a bit easier, though the course at Kent is gonna be good too, probably a bit harder though. Most of my friends are in uni so I am really bored now lol. My written English is also getting really bad lol. Have an offer for Business adminstration and Politics from Kent and Business studies and sports science from Brunel. So yea. I heard that they have some sort of sci fi club in Kent anyone gonna join that.
pinksparkles2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by goali2)
tried to read all the 18 pages but its waaaay tooo long. Just wanted to drop by and say hi. Currently on my gap year and its just dragging along. Can't wait till it gets over so that I can go to uni. Saying that I am still confused on which uni to pick. tryin to decide between Brunel and Kent. I have unconditional offers from both. I rather go to kent over Brunel anyday but its just that the course at Brunel seems a bit easier, though the course at Kent is gonna be good too, probably a bit harder though. Most of my friends are in uni so I am really bored now lol. My written English is also getting really bad lol. Have an offer for Business adminstration and Politics from Kent and Business studies and sports science from Brunel. So yea. I heard that they have some sort of sci fi club in Kent anyone gonna join that.
Kent Kent! Pick Kent!
Dont pick Brunel just because its easier! Its good to have a challenge =]
xx
Exopaladin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yea. I heard that they have some sort of sci fi club in Kent anyone gonna join that.
I probably will be, assuming I make it to Kent.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fairy.Dust.Forever)
Yep, I only found out via the website... a week before it was due.

I didn't get it. Lol. Not surprised. I knew it was a load of ****
Awh, that sucks! I'm sorry you didn't get the scholarship. Oh well, no loss I guess.

Has anyone else heard back? I'm still waiting. I hope they don't do it in the post cause I'm not able to go back to my house for a while after the whole intruder breaking in thing, lol; I'm currently staying with my girlfriend.

Oh and hi to all the new-comers to the thread
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I think that you should go to Kent, but then I'm biased :p:

I'm going to be joining the scifi society (I think it's called SFX) when I go to Kent
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone else heard back? I'm still waiting. I hope they don't do it in the post cause I'm not able to go back to my house for a while after the whole intruder breaking in thing, lol; I'm currently staying with my girlfriend.
Nope, I haven't heard back. Not that I'm going to get it anyway.
Start A RIOT!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey Kent's my firm choice too...I'm Kelly gonna do Psychology...applied to Parkwood superior house/flat. Love my music, play guitar, drink waaaay too much but atleast im laying off the ciggies lol if you see me at Kent ill be sitting under a tree reading some sylvia Plath and playing me acoustic...lol x
pinksparkles2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ohh lots of new people =]
Heeyy!!
Sci Fi isnt really my thing.. Im joining the cheerleading society =D
And Im gunna have a look.. see if theres anything else I like the look of.
xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?