University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Em_maK
*sneezes* I'm allergic to packing.

I don't really mind the packing (clothes-wise), fairly used to that. It's just all the other stuff, organising what to bring, what i need etc that I'm hating!!!

I also have nothing to decorate my room with... I'm worried I'm gonna feel like I'm in a prison cell lol.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
How much stuff is everyone bringing...like in terms of how many bags and average size of said bags. I really think I'm bringing too much! :s-smilie:
So far I've packed one suitcase (kind of a medium sized one), 4 old school bags, one big carrier bag and I have a few more things to pack.
Reply 3583
KentWill
Yep, those really sweet wafers enveloped in a kind of orangey coloured thick chocolate. :smile:

I am quite partial to them...

i am absolutley ADDICTED! to gold bars..mmm yum! :P
Oh dear...I have 4 bags all of which one and a half of me could fit inside, then I have one school bag, one slightly smaller bag, a load of food and a plastic bag with bedding stuff in it.
Reply 3585
Aspect

I also have nothing to decorate my room with... I'm worried I'm gonna feel like I'm in a prison cell lol.

So far i've got my big 6x3ft b&w Reservoir Dogs poster, and my Welsh flag. They're going straight on the wall :yep:
Reply 3586
Obviously you've always had the Dragon Flag on your profile, though I never imagined you to be Welsh. :s-smilie:

Have you got a broad Welsh accent?
Reply 3587
I don't have a Welsh accent in the slightest! Used to, but then I developed a Northern accent, then moved to Canada and got a horribly thick Canadian accent. Now it's like a sort of neutral English accent, unable to pick out any regions from it. Typical of any RAF kid, I guess!

I was born in Cardiff, my driving license says Wales, my birth certificate is bilingual, in English and Cymru. So I do consider myself Welsh!
Reply 3588
I have one massive bag on wheels [the kinda sports bags used as suitcases] 1 cardboard box, 1 massive laundry bag full of bedding, 4 or 5 canvas tote bags [shopping kind] and er...4/5 plastic boxes?

Then I'll have my laptop bag, a large handbag, erm....

I truly have too much stuff.
phew! I'm glad other people are bringing their whole life with them too!
Reply 3590
Em_maK

Then I'll have my laptop bag

I just realised I don't have a laptop bag! I really cannot think of a single thing to put this in for tommorow :no:
you'll just have to carry it in. Unload all your other stuff first from your car and then bring your laptop in on its own.
Reply 3592
That's amazing. A northern accent turning into a Canadian one must be very very rare.

Though when you're an RAF kid who's been shuttled around the world you've been exposed to a lot of different regions and people, I suppose.

I think it's funny how after undergoing so many changes your accent has now lost any distinctive features and fizzed out into a standard English one, though. :biggrin: It's as if it represents the completion in your cycle of developing new accents.

And, out of interest, have you ever lived at Brize Norton at all?
Reply 3593
KentWill
That's amazing. A northern accent turning into a Canadian one must be very very rare.

Though when you're an RAF kid who' s been shuttled around the world you've been exposed to a lot of different regions and people, I suppose.

I think it's funny how after undergoing so many changes your accent has now lost any distinctive features and fizzed out into a standard English one.

And, out of interest, have you ever lived at Brize Norton at all?

Yeah it's a bit of a shame that I have this standard accent with no unique sound at all.

Ermm, i lived in RAF Brize Norton briefly, in transit accommodation before I moved to Goose Bay in Canada. Only for about 3 weeks though!
Reply 3594
LOL! What are the odds of me meeting someone who's lived at Brize in the past on here?!?!
Reply 3595
Haha. I've had some stranger coincidences. A couple of my friends in Canada, they moved back to the UK about 2 years before I did. Then when we moved back here I ended up living about 5 minutes away, we ended up going to the same school and all joined the ATC, and I still see them every other day pretty much. Bar family, they're the people i've known longest in my life that i'm still in contact with - 9 years.

That just shows how much it sucks having to move around alot because of the Forces, how the people i've known the longest and still see are only for 9 years! Wish I had friends i'd been with my whole life!
lol brilliant
Reply 3598
Oh my god. That is just about the best thing I have ever seen. :biggrin:
Reply 3599
Wheee!! In 19 hours I'll be on campus!! (I'm getting there for 10am.)

What time is everyone else getting there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending