Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    ****** loads of clothes but none I actually love/look good in

I'm packing them because...theres loads...and I live far away
    Lol, I feel like that too. It's a miracle if I buy one item that I just entirely like, and don't start finding faults with. I'm really, really fussy. I have to think my outfit is perfect in every way for me to be happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    That reminds me. I need a coat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KentWill)
    Wahey. I managed to persuade you into cracking that whip against someone else.

Aha @ hobo - the victim of my sweet-talk to Chica. :p:

About Tyler C and all that, are you not studying in Keynes at all? I thought that was the college for Humanities students?

Regards my preparation, all my food, drink and other things for my room have been bought for me, all I need to do is make sure I have the letters and ID I'll need for Sunday, pack my clothes and gather together a few personal belongings.

I'm sure I've been preparing a little shoddily, but I've got another week to sort my self out. If I need any small bits I can get them into Canterbury, though I'll be back in Oxford on either Thursday evening or midday Friday.
    No, I'm social sciences (or something like that) so I'm in Rutherford

(Original post by hobo06)
    Thanks for that, I'll have a look on 4od, see if I know any of them.

Oh how I've missed your whippings Mistress Chica, you can't leave your whip at home! It just won't be the same without it.
    Okey dokey, it's coming with me I've left a special place in one of my boxes for it (my "special box" :laugh:)
    I'm so tired, but nowhere near finished. Oh God :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    i am
    I definately recognise the boy in that show, and one of the girls (the one that calls in sick to work and goes out clubbing in Canterbury). Just spoke to my brother about it, apparently they used to get the same school bus as us, but didn't go to our school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChicaBonita)
    No, I'm social sciences (or something like that) so I'm in Rutherford

Okey dokey, it's coming with me I've left a special place in one of my boxes for it (my "special box" :laugh:)
    I'm so tired, but nowhere near finished. Oh God :woo:
    Ooh what else is in this box? Anything as interesting as the whip?

ReputationRep:
    I've just packed like...4 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of other trousers, 12 tees, 5 jumpers/cardis/long sleeved tops, 6 jackets, a suit, some fancy dress stuff, 10 pairs of boxers/socks. Is that too much...?

Oh well! Tyler C has plentyyy of storage in the rooms

ReputationRep:
    ohh i watched 'my family'...i personally feel that her parents are so lenient!! imean i can never speak to my mum or dad like plus, did you see how messy her room was!! ok ill admit my room ain't no clean place but her one was down right diguest i swear i saw a pizza box Oh and it comes on on channel 4..i forgot the time think it was 21:00-22:00 on thurday i think!

ReputationRep:
    I watched Ricky Gervais on Channel 4. It was tres amusing!

ReputationRep:
    I really need some trousers. I'm not taking any of my thin ones [it is winter after all] so now I have like...two or three pairs. I'll get some on sunday.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with the move-in everyone! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus-mi)
    ohh i watched 'my family'...i personally feel that her parents are so lenient!! imean i can never speak to my mum or dad like plus, did you see how messy her room was!! ok ill admit my room ain't no clean place but her one was down right diguest i swear i saw a pizza box Oh and it comes on on channel 4..i forgot the time think it was 21:00-22:00 on thurday i think!
    I found it on 4od, hopefully catch the next one on TV if I remember. But yeh, one minute the parents are trying to talk to her strictly, the next the mum has her arm around her talking gently. The message isn't going to get through her head like that!

ReputationRep:
    well i am off, i will be at kent at ten am tommorow so may see some of you then, if you never come on TSR again then i wish you all good luck at uni for your chosen courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalby)
    I watched Ricky Gervais on Channel 4. It was tres amusing!
    I'm watching it now - I've popped upstairs while the adverts are on.

To be honest, I think he deals with inappropriate subjects too much. Particularly tasteless was his fictional anecdote about how a child who'd lost his hair as a result of disease couldn't be grabbed by his hair by bouncers. He shouldn't refer to famine so frequently too. The introduction was slightly unnecessary as well.

ReputationRep:
    He is very risque. I am however a MASSIVE fan of The Office, Extras, and his podcasts with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington. He's my favourite comedian by far! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Extras was a superbly written, clever, hilarious sitcom (partly due to Stephen Merchant's creative input, perhaps). Some of Gervais' stand-up is just offensive, though. Calling it risque is being too generous.

He did make me laugh on a couple of occasions tonight, however, such as when he suggested that if people with disabilities started to be known by names reflecting the nature of their impairments, as was the case with Captain Hook, then Stephen Hawking would now have be referred to as Doctor Chair!!!! Brilliant! :laugh:

EDIT: what are you still doing at this time, Em?

ReputationRep:
    :woo: so much to doooo

ReputationRep:
    Am I to assume by the lack of posts on this board that we're all asleep now?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still lurking

ReputationRep:
    I may have a hour or so nap soon, I have a headache...

ReputationRep:
    Do you have internet ready to use soon as you move in tomorrow? Or will this be the last contact from you all till Sundays meet?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.