2008 Kent Students Watch

katkit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fairy.Dust.Forever)
Tyler A here.. know exactly how you're feeling. I pushed on yesterday; going to the Rutherford meeting and it wasn't a pretty sight I ended up on the floor lol... I didn't pass out but I almost did. Then a few hours later I decided to go into town for food (thinking my illness in Rutherford may be put down to hunger) but as soon as I got on the bus there was more of the same... so we got into town and opted for McDonalds... well... I lasted less than 5 minutes in there and came out heaving (I know it's a lovely picture) and I walked all the way back like that amongst some sobs of self pity lol then I was probably more ill than I would've been if i'd just stayed in in the first place.
My advice... don't chance it.
Also.... you got Darwin in the end, eh?
I thought you were allocated Tyler A.... am I thinking of someone different?
Nope, that was me!! ^_^ I just called them up and told them I couldn't afford Tyler A and they allocated me to Darwin.

WOOO!! ^.^

I'm not chancing it, but I have demanded that everyone come see me afterwards.

I'm sorry to hear you feel the same as I do; I actually haven't felt this **** in years!! And that's no lie!!

:rolleyes: Ah well. The show must go onnnnnnnnnn!!

*would sing if she had the fecking voice to do it*
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fairy.Dust.Forever)
Btw, I also love Joshua Radin. Just thought I'd say.
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by katkit)
Btw, I also love Joshua Radin. Just thought I'd say.
YAY totally went to see him do a really small show atttttt.... Bush Hall?! I think... was really good just him and a guy on double bass.
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I bored :yawn:
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have the worst back pain ever :cry:
antriver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by katkit)
Nope, that was me!! ^_^ I just called them up and told them I couldn't afford Tyler A and they allocated me to Darwin.
:gasp: I would have taken that Tyler A place from you

I overheard some people talking in a restaurant in Canterbury and they said there's like 500 people who couldn't get on campus accommodation this year??!
Superstarmonkey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did anyone go to the comedy night at Woody's? It was pretty darn good. The last guy was hilarious! What was with the drunken Scottish dude though? :lolwut:
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel like a tool. I brought a freshers pass but I haven't actually been to any of the events....nor have I actually picked it up.

meh.
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Superstarmonkey)
Did anyone go to the comedy night at Woody's? It was pretty darn good. The last guy was hilarious! What was with the drunken Scottish dude though? :lolwut:
There was a comedy night!? damn it! can't believe I missed that.
cinnamon442
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are there any more comedy nights apart from the one at the cinema next month?!
b186
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Superstarmonkey)
Yeah I did, he was quite good I thought. Went into Origins afterwards which was good as well!
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought there was supposed to be one on a thursday but I may be thinking of the cinema one. I want to go! (and preferably to a free one too).
cinnamon442
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought the cinema one was in October? The guy off Mock the Week is doing it.
KentWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Really? Who? It'd be awesome if it's Frankie. The other ones are all rubbish (with the exception of the older one with the blondish hair).
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Really? Cool! might be worth paying for then
cinnamon442
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah, it'd Ed Byrne. The one with the shaggy brown hair and glasses who took the piss out of Dara once about him being bald. On a Mock the Week related subject, though, i'm going to see Russell Howard on friday. The young blonde one on the right hand side.

EDIT: Ed Byrne is doing the show on the 25th October. Yeep.
KentWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm. Not sure who you mean. Russell Howard's comedy is pretty tame, in my opinion. My favourite comics are:

Jack Dee, Billy Connolly, Frankie Boyle, Ricky Gervais and Rob Brydon.
cinnamon442
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It IS tame, i'll agree with you there, but it's in Dartford, and I think he's rather sweet, so i'm looking forward to it.

I have a Jack Dee boxset. The man is a genius. I adore his sarcastic rants and drunken impressions. I'm also liking a guy called Carl Barron, have you heard of him? He's Australian, and does a good bit about childhood and dinner time. Phil Jupitus, too, i'm a bit of a fan of. Especially his catagories of spiders sketch. Spiders make me squicky.
KentWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cinnamon442)
It IS tame, i'll agree with you there, but it's in Dartford, and I think he's rather sweet, so i'm looking forward to it.

I have a Jack Dee boxset. The man is a genius. I adore his sarcastic rants and drunken impressions. I'm also liking a guy called Carl Barron, have you heard of him? He's Australian, and does a good bit about childhood and dinner time. Phil Jupitus, too, i'm a bit of a fan of. Especially his catagories of spiders sketch. Spiders make me squicky.
Yep. He's very astute, and his deadpan style makes his sarcasm and humorous observations even funnier.

I haven't heard of Carl Barron, though I have heard of an Australian comic called Matt Hills, who is quite good.

Do you have the Jack Dee DVDs in your room, by any chance?

And I hate spiders too! I freak out if I see one with a body as big as a pea or smaller. :blush:
cinnamon442
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I do have Jack Dee DVDs in my room, yes. I have four of his shows, but I think I only took one down. I'm bringing the other three back with me tomorrow, though. Jack Dee marathon sound good? Oh, you'll appreciate the freak out I had when I saw a spider in my room then. It was HUGE. I'm not kidding. It was as big as my hand, and moved like lightening. Urgghh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?