Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4580
hahhaa get out of my house :|

S'alright, I hopped in as soon as they came out...before anyone else commandeered it
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Gah! I'm going to be moved to the worse of the two German groups :mad:
Mainly because I missed the lecture, which was my fault, but I'm so annoyed that now I'll have to go to the one that has a lesson at 5-6pm on Thursday! The other one fitted so nicely into my schedule :frown:

:rant: :stomp: :banghead: :ssaw:
Reply 4582
the wolf at door
that's tyler A for you *smug*

Whateverrrr :rolleyes: I wasn't talking about you anyway.

*grins* Did have a great time though. Despite your vodka tasting like nothing I've ever tasted before.

It seriously was the worst thing I have EVER tasted.
I'm going to go into Campus and town today, try and get some text books! That should be fun.

I paid my student loan in the finance office yesterday but they still haven't taken it out of my bank - I've got a debit card so surely it should've gone by now?
Reply 4584
kiss_me_now9
I'm going to go into Campus and town today, try and get some text books! That should be fun.

The queue in blackwells on campus was soooooooo long earlier. Got my japanese books eventually though.
Reply 4585
Missy67
The queue in blackwells on campus was soooooooo long earlier. Got my japanese books eventually though.

they made my debit card cry :mad:
How much were the Japanese books? I'm not adverse to order online if they're really expensive.
Reply 4587
kram322
they made my debit card cry :mad:

:rolleyes:
Reply 4588
I think they had to order the books from japan, so they added import charges and such. The price in yen on there is a lot cheaper than the price in pounds.
Reply 4589
kiss_me_now9
How much were the Japanese books? I'm not adverse to order online if they're really expensive.

£66 altogether. I looked at amazon; the self-study kana book says it'd take 2-5 weeks to be shipped, so isn't worth getting there. One of the others is the same price at blackwells and amazon (20.99) and the other is only 1.50 more at blackwells. So personally I think it's a lot better to go to blackwells and get them now.
I needed to buy a book, went in one day saw it for £20 used, but i didnt have my debit card. Went in the next day and they all sold out! Can only buy it brand new for £40 now! :eek:
Reply 4591
GodspeedGehenna
I needed to buy a book, went in one day saw it for £20 used, but i didnt have my debit card. Went in the next day and they all sold out! Can only buy it brand new for £40 now! :eek:

oh dont forget, if you go to blackwells rather than those nasty people at waterstones or amazon you get a points card (which is absolute ********) and a free mug (which is fairly decent and rather large!) :rolleyes:

i must have heard the same speech by that woman 8 times while i was in there

have you been blackwelled? :reddy:
Reply 4592
Cor I havent even opened a book yet.
Reply 4593
kram322
i must have heard the same speech by that woman 8 times while i was in there

have you been blackwelled?

She's been doing it for days...
Reply 4594
Oh goddd... I want to go out and get myself some lunch and bits from Essentials but my body doesn't seem to want to leave...

Plus my hair looks like I've been electrocuted. I put it in plaits and the wavyness this morning wasn't to my standards, so I brushed it.

And ... well, if any of you see me today, you'll see what's happened.

:biggrin:
Well, I'm gunna go treck into Canterbury soon to meet my girlfriend at the trainstation and do a big foodshop. :biggrin:

Anyone fancy Woody's tonight? I promised to introduce her to everyone!
Missy67
£66 altogether. I looked at amazon; the self-study kana book says it'd take 2-5 weeks to be shipped, so isn't worth getting there. One of the others is the same price at blackwells and amazon (20.99) and the other is only 1.50 more at blackwells. So personally I think it's a lot better to go to blackwells and get them now.

*Sob*

I don't think I can afford that! I resent paying so much for books that lets face it, I'm not gonna use that much. Fair enough if they're German ones because I'm going to be doing that for four years + but something I'm taking for one year is just ridiculous... No nice second years want to give me their old discounted ones do they?!

*Retreats to a corner sniffling and counting imaginary money*
GodspeedGehenna
Well, I'm gunna go treck into Canterbury soon to meet my girlfriend at the trainstation and do a big foodshop. :biggrin:

Anyone fancy Woody's tonight? I promised to introduce her to everyone!

Are you dragging her to the psych thing? I'm not sure I can handle Woody's cos I'm knackered. :s-smilie: If you can't get her to go to the psychology thing though I'll come to Woody's.
Reply 4598
kiss_me_now9
*Sob*

I don't think I can afford that! I resent paying so much for books

I agree, they are expensive... They're not exactly huge books either; my gigantic romanticism textbook cost around the same price as each of them. As I said earlier I think it's because they order these ones from japan, so the price gets jacked up.
S'pose they're cheaper than the air fair to Japan though, lol.

I'm gonna have to suck it up and just buy them. I think with the two German grammar books I need to buy, it's going to come to around £100. For five books. It's friggin' ridiculous. That's ignoring the books I need for the lit side of my course as well. I was hoping to go out tonight :nope:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending