2008 Kent Students Watch

the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Em_maK)
I'm in such an irritable mood. So many people are just being...ugh, attention-seeking jerks, pissing me off.
And that seminar confusion has annoyed me, plus I can't find out if I have a readying week, I still need to work out how to pay for my accommodation....the list goes on.

:mad:
example?

And yeh, i still need to pay for accommodation and i have no idea how to.:eek:
username158544
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yesterday was officially the worst night since I've been here. Nearly the whole flat was having a massive party, and what I can gather from the voices I heard, someone projectile vomited in the corridor and some other "joker" was playing with the fire extinguisher.
At about 12:30am a bunch of drunkards were frantically trying to get into my room for what ever reason. They were there for about 2 minutes until one of them realised that I'd actually locked the door.
"He's locked it", one girl said, 'why's he locked it?"

I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Eventually they buggered off so that I got off to sleep at about 1:30, and then I was woken by a group of drunkards banging on my door at about 2:45.

The joys of University life...
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
The anime society was ace! I'm really looking forward to that next week Oooh Psych book sale today, but I have a lecture for the first hour it starts.. Damn.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Saruken)
Yesterday was officially the worst night since I've been here. Nearly the whole flat was having a massive party, and what I can gather from the voices I heard, someone projectile vomited in the corridor and some other "joker" was playing with the fire extinguisher.
At about 12:30am a bunch of drunkards were frantically trying to get into my room for what ever reason. They were there for about 2 minutes until one of them realised that I'd actually locked the door.

Eventually they buggered off so that I got off to sleep at about 1:30, and then I was woken by a group of drunkards banging on my door at about 2:45.

Wow, that really sucks. Maybe next time you should call campus security. It'd piss me off if someone kept trying to open my door all night.
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry to hear about that, Saruken. Where do you live again?

*hug*
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm in such an irritable mood. So many people are just being...ugh, attention-seeking jerks, pissing me off.
And that seminar confusion has annoyed me, plus I can't find out if I have a readying week, I still need to work out how to pay for my accommodation....the list goes on.

:mad:
And sorry to hear you're having a bad time too. Don't worry, next Thursday when I get £50 is getting ever-closer, and I can buy you a nice bottle of wine.

:yep:
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
wtf.. I definitely didn't have a seminar this Wednesday but I check my timetable today and it says I had one.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How to pay for accommodation:

Go here: https://epay.kent.ac.uk/epay/
Tick the terms and conditions box.
Click the 'accommodation' little dot and then whether you want to pay termly or all at once.
Then find the amounts on your accommodation agreement and stick those in.
Then put in all your details and follow the Paypal instructions.

Re the new seminar...some subjects don't have seminars the first week cause if you haven't done the lecture then you won't have anything to talk about. Either that, or you need to email the head of your subject and explain what happened.
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Saruken)

:console:

Someone once used the extinguisher in the hallway, setting off the alarm at 2 in the morning and covering the hall in "fog".

For the whole year no one seemed to remember the room of the party boy who never studied (next to mine) so every few nights I'd get someone trying to open my door. Luckily by then I'd got into a habit of locking the door by about 6 in the afternoon.
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I kissed a girl and I liked it... *sings*
Superstarmonkey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hehehe, I got so sick of that song whilst I was in America this summer. They played it non stop for about 2 months
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I need to write a polite but angry letter to a housemate of mine who succeeded in keeping awake pretty much the whole night [along with the party outside my window, but thats another matter].

So far I have-

*Name*,
Was it you and/or your friends who slammed doors, shouted, scraped chairs, laughed and talked loudly from 2-7am?

If so, could you please either keep it down or go somewhere else if you wish to have an all night party? I appreciate you want to have fun, and thats fine, but its not freshers week nor was it a friday or saturday night.

thats all. Helllpppppp.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by the wolf at the door)
example?

And yeh, i still need to pay for accommodation and i have no idea how to.:eek:
A housemate of mine is so far up his own arse he may aswell have one for a face.
ying28
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
makes me appreciate the quietness of nickel court and my corrider mates....
ChicaBonita
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whenever I think that I have to put up with noise in my flat, I just remember what it was like when I visited my mate in Tyler A, and compared to that madness, here is a relative slice of peaceful heaven.
I really am quite lucky really :yep:
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ugh, I wanted to get it written and stuck on *persons* door before they got up, but I think they are in the kitchen now.....I feel all nervous
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ugh, I wanted to get it written and stuck on *persons* door before they got up, but I think they are in the kitchen now.....I feel all nervous
Your note is justifiable and firm but polite. Don't worry about it.
Superstarmonkey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ying28)
makes me appreciate the quietness of nickel court and my corrider mates....
Very true. Although Nickel court isn't always that quiet (the stupid people who stand outside and like to sing/yell until the small hours gets annoying. But that's only happened a few times) it seems rather tranquil compared to what others have to go through.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok, heres what I wrote....hope its ok...sorry it repeats a little of the above

*Name*- Was it you and/or your friends who slammed doors, scraped chairs, laughed and talked loudly from 2-7am?

If so, could you please either keep it down or go somewhere else if you wish to have an all night party?

I appreciate you want to have fun, and thats fine, but its not freshers week anymore nor was it a friday or saturday night.

The fact is that you may not have lectures/seminars, but others might and that needs to be considered- especially since it was a thursday night.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Now to somehow stick it on his door whilst he's either outside or....in his room.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?