Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys, I know this is a bit off topic but I didn't want to start a thread that would likely be shifted to a different sub forum.

I'm in the process of applying for student finance (yawn....) and was just wondering how may of you applied via the internet.

Do you have to fill the form out in one go or can you fill in a few bits at a time and save your progress?
    The reason I want to know this is that there are some sections of the form that I'm not too sure about as I'm an external student and don't go to college, so the 'online chat' with an adviser facility would probably help quite a lot.

And the telephone "helpline" for Student Finace is just diabolical. I'm not even sure if there's actually anyone at the other end, it just seems to be a continuous loop of pre-recorded messages.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it does save it when you log out, at least thats what I've read on the gov website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    Ok. I'm changing back to Tyler Court b+c. That's 3 times in a week i've asked them to change the accomodation. I hope they don't get annoyed...
    Stay with it! Tyler B and C WOOOO!! Course, both you and I can't afford it.

But what the hell. That extra space and pretty kitchen just does it for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katkit)
    Stay with it! Tyler B and C WOOOO!! Course, both you and I can't afford it.

But what the hell. That extra space and pretty kitchen just does it for me.
    yeh i'm going with it. Also, judging by others on here, i think i'd be the only one in Tyler A

Have you added me on msn? Or is it a huge coincidence someone else..... oh wait, you're talking to me now. so hi and bye.

edit* i've emailed them now and yes i have now applied for Tyler B + C.

ReputationRep:
    Nice save... smooth...

Thing is, I would've chosen Tyler A, been an original Tyler, but...

- I wanted a chance at a better view
    - Kitchens are gorgeous
    - Rooms are a good size
    - Windows are biiiig

... not much else...

Can't afford it, but hey, that's what i'm using ALL of my loan for.

ReputationRep:
    so we're all going to be in debt. woopie!

ReputationRep:
    I can barely afford the parkwood standard! damn government not giving me any money *shakes fist*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    so we're all going to be in debt. woopie!

amen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    I can barely afford the parkwood standard! damn government not giving me any money *shakes fist*

haha I know how you feel I looked at Tyler court and I was like :eek: cant afford that.

i'll have around £200 ish left on my loan one accommodation is taken out

think i'll be getting a job!

by the ways anyone who saw Parkwood when they went to Kent how big were the rooms? because I never saw them only the College and Tyler Court one's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kram322)
    haha I know how you feel I looked at Tyler court and I was like :eek: cant afford that.

i'll have around £200 ish left on my loan one accommodation is taken out
    After paying the £100 deposit, I was actually about -£90 from my first set of loans/grants. Luckily I had saved up so it was ok.

But it's really stupid...we get the highest amount of loan/grants in the short summer term, but in the winter term when students need books and everything, we get a lower amount #grumble# I was on -£90 for the first term, and +£500 for the last (this) term

ReputationRep:
    Almost all of my maintainence loan is going into accomodation costs. I think I will have about £300 left over or something.

Oh and on another note, I've now moved into my new flat! I'm currently in the process of trying to get online (I'm posting from my girlfriends house) so I've been missing out on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Almost all of my maintainence loan is going into accomodation costs. I think I will have about £300 left over or something.

Oh and on another note, I've now moved into my new flat! I'm currently in the process of trying to get online (I'm posting from my girlfriends house) so I've been missing out on TSR!
    I'll swap an internet connection for a girlfriend :p:

:cry:

I still have two weeks until my first exam at Uni #zomg# And only one week until my birthday, so I can celebrate it free from exams #excited#

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    I'll swap an internet connection for a girlfriend :p:
    Hmmm... How fast is your connection?

I just got an elbow from my girlfriend for that lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone worked out how much they'll have to live off per week yet? After things like accomm etc...mines looks to be around £20ish. Oh dear! That’s to cover things like travel and partying and food etc...

I added up what I could get from a maintence loan, what my parents are giving me each month...and from that I subtracted accom costs [atleast the 2007 ones, it will probs be more for 2008?] and essentials e.g phone contract, divided by months, then divided by weeks.

Only a rough guide, assuming I've worked it out right, and will probs be less as accom prices are increasing Why is Kent so expensive, I've seen massive ensuite deluxe rooms for the same price as a superior parkwood room.

Yay debt

ReputationRep:
    I haven't bothered to work mine out yet, I'll worry about that when I know I'm in for sure!

I'm planning to get a job and I don't drink much (well, ok I actually drink very little) anyway so I'll probably be saving a little on alcohol!

ReputationRep:
    My finance app has been a little difficult (mainly through circumstances of my parents work) but I finally managed to send it off (my parents' part, I sent my part off in March) earlier this week! Yay for having things out of the way

Welcome new people, and good luck to those with exams!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied yet, haven't worked anything out.

Hoping things will just work out - I don't even know if my loan covers Parkwood accommodation...i'll be getting the full amount, but dunno what that is.

Sure I won't die if I do run out of money, so just gunna wing it, see what happens and live on whatever money i have at the time. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't send mine away, waiting for my parents accountants to do relevant...accountancy stuff? No idea :p:

ReputationRep:
    Arghh.. that reminds me. I still need to send my passport off.
    I need to start saving maann. But I cant work atm with the amount of revision =[
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Only 4 months and 6 days til Uni!
    :party:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2013

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.