Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypermicrospace)
    They literally just walked in :shifty:
    They weren't mean or anything, they just said that I'd probably get an email about it.

I did in fact almost bring a Christmas tree with me but wasn't sure how much space I'd have for it :o:
    Surely they have to give you a 24hr warning beforehand?

With private tenancys its illegal for the landlord to just burst in without prior notice; I don't see why it should be any different for university accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god... I have fairy lights in my room now NOOOO!!

ReputationRep:
    well they have keys to the common areas [we had our door seal fixed without even knowing they'd been in] but they should knock if they want access to your room...tho they can get a master key is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    In Becket court but I think they are gradually doing the rounds. I don't think they care if it is messy as long is it isn't like a biological hazard in there or any chance of you accidentally starting a fire.
    My lights are heavy duty outdoor ones so I don't see why it's likely that I'll manage to cause a fire. They didn't care about the kettle in my room, which is really cheap and probably a lot more dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    well they have keys to the common areas [we had our door seal fixed without even knowing they'd been in] but they should knock if they want access to your room...tho they can get a master key is necessary.
    They knocked waited maybe 5 seconds (not long enough for me to walk over to the door after checking it was my door they were knocking) and then just opened it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I overcooked my rice a little Sure, its from a packet and is supposed to be "mild curry flavour" but a bowl of dry rice isn't so appetising...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone fancy a venture to Argos one day? I'm gunna fail if I don't buy a printer soon.

Plus I might get a cheap kettle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Anyone fancy a venture to Argos one day? I'm gunna fail if I don't buy a printer soon.

I might if you don't mind, I want to see how good the printer you get is so that I can decide whether or not to bother. You = guinea pig

ReputationRep:
    WAHOOOOOOOO! I just found £4 worth of silvers at the bottom of my bag.

ReputationRep:
    I might if you don't mind, I want to see how good the printer you get is so that I can decide whether or not to bother. You = guinea pig
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...%3EPRINTER.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...%3EPRINTER.htm

I dunno which one will have cheaper cartridges :confused:

ReputationRep:
    that never happens to me :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that Pete stole them from you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)

I bought a printer from Currys in town. It's a hp, and it cost £30. It's not a bad printer actually, and you get one black and one colour cartridge with it. You'll need to by a USB cable if you don't already have one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruken)
    I bought a printer from Currys in town. It's a hp, and it cost £30. It's not a bad printer actually, and you get one black and one colour cartridge with it. You'll need to by a USB cable if you don't already have one though.
    :eek: Does it have a scanner as part of it too?

ReputationRep:
    I want a HP printer to match my laptop....

Yesterday I spent £2 on printing, and they do this annoying thing- print out a blank sheet with your username on it everytime you print....what a waste of 5 credits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katkit)
    :eek: Does it have a scanner as part of it too?
    Umm...no.

I want a HP printer to match my laptop....

Yesterday I spent £2 on printing, and they do this annoying thing- print out a blank sheet with your username on it everytime you print....what a waste of 5 credits!
    And paper! That annoys me a bit...the University doesn't like you to bring cars onto the campus because they're trying to be "green", but then they insist on something as stupid as that.
    How many students are at this University? They must waste thousands of sheets of paper each yeah!

ReputationRep:
    If you can afford to get a printer/scanner combo. Comes in handy.

ReputationRep:
    I really hate karaoke....not sure if this is an open invitation or anything, but I won't be coming...it makes me cringe
    I too hate karaoke. It's just one of those things i'll never understand why people enjoy a karaoke night. It means either you have to get up sing (:eek: ) or you have to sit there and watch awful singers try and sing to some rubbish song. It's just really, really boring, isn't it? (I apologise to any karaoke fans)

p.s Didn't realise they do room checks

ReputationRep:
    They knocked waited maybe 5 seconds (not long enough for me to walk over to the door after checking it was my door they were knocking) and then just opened it themselves.
    I have an annoying flatmate who tends to knock on the door but open it as he's doing it. God he winds me up. He's 27 and does the same thing to everyone - i'm not his favourite or anything
    Anyone have those two old guys come into your room at 8 in the morning to change your shower head?

ReputationRep:
    Come on, Karaoke is great!

It doesn't matter whether you can sing or not, it's just a good laugh and can be very entertaining. :yep:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.