Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspect)
    Does anyone know when the reading weeks generally fall around?
    Depends on the course.

Check the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinkoo)
    at least yall have exams now. my exams are in holidays due to some idiots leaking the papers. so i have nothing in the world to do except run around playing football
    OMG. Isnt that the same for loads of schools then? Thats good because you get a lot longer to revise and get the course finished.. but you dont get much of a summer! =[
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksparkles2)
    What else do people need to get into Kent?
    xx
    I need ABB. It was actually my lowest offer so I don't have an insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    They do accept General Studies - I made sure before I made it one of my actual A levels (I do german, gen. studies and classics). My teacher has high hopes for us - always says that none of us are below a B standard - but I'm not sure!

I'm hoping that if I can get a B in gen studies, but get a C in German, with a little bit of begging and flexibility they'll still let me in. I'd change the course to get in, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I need ABB. It was actually my lowest offer so I don't have an insurance choice
    Yeah mine was my lowest offer by a long way, but I put Oxford Brookes as my insurance, even though its higher! Just thought I would incase I changed my mind about Kent.. but I dont think Im going to =D
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I needed ABC LOL - didn't get that by a long shot.

But they loved me. Muahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Comparative Lit Studies wants 300 points with a B/C at A level.

I got BBCb, so 330 points?

ReputationRep:
    For my original course (Comparative Lit with Drama and Theatre Studies) I needed 300/320 points but they accepted my rather modest 250 points.

Must've liked my personal statement a LOT... *blush*

And yes, I am a very average student. *smiles* But I work hard. And smile a lot.

ReputationRep:
    ^ yeah I must have done something right with my PS too, because I don't think my reference would have been anything to smile about lol! My head of year and I don't get along

ReputationRep:
    Grr, the Student finance direct website is not allowing me to log in

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't sent mine off/completed any of it! argh parents accountants need to hurry up

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I got into it finally My finance is approved and they're sending a declaration for me to sign and return

ReputationRep:
    I might have... over exagerrated in my PS...

It always sounds impressive when I say that I lived in Germany from 6 months to 5 years - makes me sound like I should know what I'm talking about! Truth is, it was on an English RAF base and I learnt no german

ReputationRep:
    Still makes you sound interesting though!
    I think everyone exagurates a bit. I know I did in my interview.. he asked me what books I had read on Anthropology. The truth is NONE. But I listed off a few anthropologists my mum had been talking about and he seemed impressed =]
    Ooh I hope no one from the anth department at Kent reads this!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I said I liked to cycle- I don't! :p:

ReputationRep:
    At least I don't seem to be in a minority by playing with the truth, lol.

I really want to get to Kent now... Lets just skip the exams and results and all just go now, shall we?

ReputationRep:
    please

My soc teacher was just really nice to be and said I'll get an A/I deserved it etc etc...

If I don't [which I expect I really won't] I don't want to see her face

freaking unintended guilt trip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    please

My soc teacher was just really nice to be and said I'll get an A/I deserved it etc etc...

If I don't [which I expect I really won't] I don't want to see her face

freaking unintended guilt trip
    I HATE when teachers do that! It happened in my January exams and my teacher just kept saying 'Your the only one thats dissapointed me.' Which I spose is a compliment in some ways seeing as I got the same grade as some others. If you get what I mean?! But still..
    Finance though. My passport was back two days after Id sent it! Crazy!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything from Finance yet...

My french teacher spent the whole of yr 11 telling us that we'd better all get As and A*s, I loved it when I got a B - purely because I couldn't stand her! Though I think it's unfair when they put so much pressure on us, I understand why they do but it really doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, everyone exaggurates the truth a little in their PS

I really want to go to Kent now too Under 4 months now!

I'm going to be 21 tomorrow! Yay

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.