The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Missy67

...obviously don't do it in romanji... I don't know how to do Kana on the computer ^^;;

I do. You have to go onto your computer's keyboard and language settings and add Japanese to the list. You may need to add the extra files for Chinese/Japanese beforehand, but you should be able to do it nonetheless.

Kore wa mite: 日本語だよ! It's Japanese!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
katkit
OMFG I need that pencil case RIGHT now...

Ummm...

All I can understand is it's something about a university/university student, something similar to graduating/being a graduate, something about this forum, possibly something about a textbook and something about being foolish/stupid.

:frown: My Japanese isn't brilliant.

Wow, Kat! You're grasp of the context isn't actually that far off! There's nothing about a textbook in the sentence, but still...
One "Hello Kitty" pencil case is being posted to you now...:biggrin:
Saruken
Nihongo no daigakousei kono forum de chotto baka darou.

First one to translate that wins "Hello Kitty" pencil case...:biggrin:

Is it something a long the lines of..

"I'm a bit of an idiot being a Japanese language student on this forum" ?

I don't recognise "daigakousei" though, do you mean "daigakusei"?

That was my lame attempt anyway lol.
GodspeedGehenna

Yeah, "daigakousei" is wrong, I think.

Maybe I got it wrong, but it should translate as...

"The students studying Japanese on this forum seem to be a little incompetent"

...I didn't really mean it of course, just showing off! :biggrin:
Reply 5604
GodspeedGehenna

pretty much what I got didnt want to reply out of context though
Saruken
Yeah, "daigakousei" is wrong, I think.

Maybe I got it wrong, but it should translate as...

"The students studying Japanese on this forum seem to be a little incompetent"

...I didn't really mean it of course, just showing off! :biggrin:

Aaaaaah yeah I see it now :smile:
GodspeedGehenna
Aaaaaah yeah I see it now :smile:

Heehee...the inflections make Japanese an excrutiatingly difficult language to comprehend. But Latin seems to be worse...:frown:
Reply 5607
Well, I don't want to win if I was really wrong :frown: considering I don't do Japanese and have never studied it, I was pretty excited that I recognised it a little...

Anyhoo. :biggrin: Everyone excited for tonight?
Reply 5608
ぽけもん。       (Someone tell me what that says and get an e-cookie :p:)

Yay, I did it ^_^
Reply 5609
Even... something... something... :biggrin:
My laptop makes it into boxes with numbers :frown:

Must go do my laundry now....
Ummm, what time are you all leaving Anime to go to the pub? Mind if I meet you outside where your anime soc is (rutherford right?) or I'll probably get completely lost. There will be rumours of a young girl who vanished after making her way to karaoke for years to come...:eek:
Reply 5612
Superstarmonkey
Ummm, what time are you all leaving Anime to go to the pub? Mind if I meet you outside where your anime soc is (rutherford right?) or I'll probably get completely lost. There will be rumours of a young girl who vanished after making her way to karaoke for years to come...:eek:

*puts on her ski-mask and sharpens her knives*

:ninja:
Reply 5613
kiss_me_now9
Oh God YES. She keeps telling me that my letterbox is fixed when it isn't - Only one guy in our flat can get into it. And when you go up she doesn't even bother talking to you, just asks immediatly for the parcel number. I want my mail! :shifty:

My flat mate finds her incredibly rude too, i thought it was me. She's so blunt, rude and unwelcoming, even on the phone, EG i called reception asking if my parcel arrived and she says she is too busy and 'cant i come down myself'. I also notice that she NEVER EVER EVER EVER SMILESSSSS, does anyone know her name?
Reply 5614
I saw "The Kitchen" van and now I want curly fries...they wouldn't do them for me last time :frown:
Missy67
ぽけもん。       (Someone tell me what that says and get an e-cookie :p:)

Yay, I did it ^_^

I can do this! Ermm...

Something... ke... something... n.

Pokemon?! :cool:
Em_maK
I saw "The Kitchen" van and now I want curly fries...they wouldn't do them for me last time :frown:

They're always out of some type of chips and it's always the one you want. :frown:

Oh and the Rutherford Burger is really..... really good.
:reaper: Nyo-ho-ho
ying28
My flat mate finds her incredibly rude too, i thought it was me. She's so blunt, rude and unwelcoming, even on the phone, EG i called reception asking if my parcel arrived and she says she is too busy and 'cant i come down myself'. I also notice that she NEVER EVER EVER EVER SMILESSSSS, does anyone know her name?

Oh my god! I was waiting in the queue when she took YOUR phone call! Was it on a Monday or Tuesday? I think I was there Tuesday. :eek:
Reply 5619
the wolf at door
They're always out of some type of chips and it's always the one you want. :frown:

Oh and the Rutherford Burger is really..... really good.

It was really burnt when I had it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending