2008 Kent Students Watch

pinksparkles2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah my first one is on the 4th.. scarryy!
Yeah its more demanding and no time for retakes! AAAHHH. Im panicking!!
xx
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*la la la what exams la la la*
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
4th of June is officially the date of my suicide, just so you know. German topics and texts - Not fun
Aspect
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sent my certificates off to Kent and this morning my 'unconditional' came through

So I'm officially going to Kent!!!
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aspect)
Sent my certificates off to Kent and this morning my 'unconditional' came through

So I'm officially going to Kent!!!
certificates?
Aspect
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ Long story: Sat in 2006, declined grades, only just cashed them in. Certs sent in post couple of weeks ago so sent them on to Kent to prove I had the grades.
Aspect
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Question to those with unconditional offers (that you've accepted) - have u been sent a letter with your 'Kent ID number' on? And is it possible for you to enroll yet? I know it's very early obviously, but I'd like to get it out of the way if possible - have a few busy months ahead of me.

And were you sent anything else in the post?

Applied for accomodation (again - never seemed to go through but think it's worked this time) - applied for the en-suite Tyler/Park Wood - would prefer Tyler I think but would be happy with Park Wood.

Pretty excited now
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We won't get any of that until about August, I think.

pinksparkles2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wish we knew now where we were going to be living.
My boyfriends going to Anglia Ruskin and they told him the exact number flat hes going to be in, so he went to visit and got to see what his room was like already.
The only thing I can imagine is what I saw of the Tyler rooms.. I have no idea what Parkwood rooms are like.
xx
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ I haven't seen the inside of a parkwood house either.....and I don't really remember what they were like when I walked thru them...hmmm

As long as I don't get stuck in a college/really expensive room its ok.
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeh, i too haven't seen Parkwood. How mysterious....
Aspect
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ I'm wondering now if I would prefer Park Wood to Tyler - 9 people to one flat in Tyler seems like an awful lot - especially sharing a kitchen with 8 other people!

Hope you guys are doing ok in your exams
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pinksparkles2)
I wish we knew now where we were going to be living.
I wish I knew if I was in! (Though that requires some crafty time travelling and lots of exam taking, so maybe I can wait...)
spaceape
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I cannot believe i only found out about this site yesterday!
anyway, better late than never i guess. i'm alex, firmed kent to do english and american literature with creative writing, applied to tyler court b/c or parkwood (hopefully parkwood, i emailed them but not got a reply yet). i'm sure there is more to know about me but i feel kinda silly writing my life story without prompting so ill leave it for now.
username158544
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by spaceape)
i'm alex, firmed kent to do english and american literature with creative writing, applied to tyler court b/c or parkwood (hopefully parkwood, i emailed them but not got a reply yet).
Hi, Alex.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be OK. I sent an e-mail requesting Parkwood too and I recieved a reply in about 1-2 days. But even if you don't get a reply straight away I've found that Kent hospitality will usually do what they can to meet your request as best as they can.

Creative Writing, hey? That sounds great. I took a Creative Writing course the other year and found it really enjoyable. I'm hoping to join some sort of creative writing group at Kent during Fresher's week, how about you?
spaceape
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, hopefully, i mean Tyler B/C seemed nice and all but the sound of a student village seemed a little bit more appealing. i originally wanted to go catered based on my short experience staying with a friend at exeter uni, but the catered at kent seemed a bit too expensive for it to be worth it.

I probably should join some sort of group for it, since GCSE english my experience of creative writing beyond essays has been quite slim (beyond writing song lyrics, which i always see as a more creative writing task than a purely musical one. lyrics should mean something after all), but it is always something i have found enjoyable and rewarding. What kinda thing was the course you did?
username158544
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by spaceape)
What kinda thing was the course you did?
Oh, it was just a correspondence course called 'Writing Books for Children'. I had to pay for it but it was really helpful as it taught me about target audience, genre, characterisation and pacing etc.

I want to be an author you see...:blush:

And I agree, writing lyrics is more of a creative task rather than just purely musical. I'm not very musical myself, although I'd be lying if I denied harbouring ideas about writing some giant, narrative melodramatic rock opera at some point in my life!!!
spaceape
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That sounds like a pretty useful course to take, being an author is something i wouldn't mind seeing myself ending up doing aswell. I don't have a clue what i would write about, how i would end up doing it or all that stuff, i just imagine it is a course my life could take.

Yeah, musically i tend to mostly produce instrumental dubstep/ drum n bassy styled tracks. I can't really write a hooky melody so i go for atmospheric and melancholy music instead! But when i write lyrics i'm inspired by acoustic stuff along the lines of elliott smith, who was something of a genius when it came to creative lyrics.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey Alex I love creative writing

Still haven't received the letter from student finance Stupid late letters...I hate waiting.

Oh well, only 3 months, 3 weeks and 2 days till Kent! Can't wait

Good luck to those taking exams! I'm so glad I don't have that worry!
spaceape
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
agh i haven't started revision yet and pretty soon im gonna start ****ting it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise