Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I did geography at AS and got a C in that so I already have 40 points.
    I am predicted ABBB but I really don't think I'm going to get those grades lol.
    In theory I don't actually have to pass one of my exams then to get in. Ok I am a bit calmed down now

ReputationRep:
    Yes there does seem to be a lot of facebook group for Kent freshers - I just joined the one with the most people in :P

ReputationRep:
    So is anyone planning on doing anything musically related at Kent? extra curricular or otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spaceape)
    So is anyone planning on doing anything musically related at Kent? extra curricular or otherwise?
    I've just started to learn to play guitar, so i'm hoping to find someone who would like to teach me. Hopefully for free or at a really, really cheap rate.
    Als would be interested to join any other music related.....things.

ReputationRep:
    I'm contemplating whether or not to bring an acoustic. I've then got to work out what to do with my 2 electrics, PA system and amp

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im definitely gonna bring my acoustic, otherwise if i get a craving to play something and cant fullfill it i may just go nuts.
    i dunno whether to get into dj-ing or not before i go, cos i dunno if it would be something id be able to carry on throughout. cos asides from annoying any neighbours/flatmates if i constantly played loud music whilst learning to mix, i have a feeling itll get pretty expensive to keep in vinyl

ReputationRep:
    Found this Canterbury facebook group, has loads of photos of the city. Looks amazing

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...43327&view=all

ReputationRep:
    i really want to go to that little italy place, looks so nice there

ReputationRep:
    I joined pretty much all the Kent Uni freshers groups that I could find

ReputationRep:
    Maybe something where I can play piano? I gave up to concentrate on my A Levels and kinda miss it. I also have an electric guitar [pink!!] that I've been meaning to learn to play, but just havn't had the time. I could ask for lessons from my 11 year old brother. But thats slightly embarrasing, having lessons from an 11 year old. Anyone want to get together and teach me how to jam?! =D
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Found this Canterbury facebook group, has loads of photos of the city. Looks amazing

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...43327&view=all
    wow, looks really nice. It's like a bigger and better version of my town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksparkles2)
    Maybe something where I can play piano? I gave up to concentrate on my A Levels and kinda miss it. I also have an electric guitar [pink!!] that I've been meaning to learn to play, but just havn't had the time. I could ask for lessons from my 11 year old brother. But thats slightly embarrasing, having lessons from an 11 year old. Anyone want to get together and teach me how to jam?! =D
    xx
    i could teach you how to play the blues on guitar, if that interests you

ReputationRep:
    I can't play or cook or anything lol!

ReputationRep:
    I think we should all meet up during Freshers week and have some kind of banquet or feast, medieval style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    I can't play or cook or anything lol!
    Oh dear! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be the cook I can do pretty much anything - my mum is aaaalways teaching me how to cook weird and wonderful dishes

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how to make good fried calamari? cos if you do i will probably be your friend forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I think we should all meet up during Freshers week and have some kind of banquet or feast, medieval style.
    That'd be great I'd cook something and bring it along.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how to make good fried calamari? cos if you do i will probably be your friend forever.
    Nope, but...http://www.geocities.com/napavalley/...lamarirec.html

ReputationRep:
    I just put a pizza in the oven and when I went to get it out, it just dissolved, wtf?! It was like it was made of foam or something, it was horrible. I was really looking forward to that pizza too. I think the ice on top of it completely saturated the dough when it melted

Now I'm cooking chicken nuggets and potato smilies.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.