Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    not every letter has a drink....couldn't think of anything for v, u, x and z for example....others too.

V for...Vodka?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Hey, do you go to the First Aid meeting things? If so, do they still run it, and is it too late to join?
    I'm in First Aid

Ermm, we've done one assesment already, on CPR, but I guess you could email Clive/The other guy who runs it and ask them, it runs from 7 til 9 (in theory, we tend to end around 10 in practice) and it's good fun is somewhat scary at times! (There was a discussion a couple of weeks ago about the legal and physical implications of giving someone someone else's inhaler in an asthma attack, which wasn't a very fun topic!) You should come :yep:

I'm back in Canterbury, had an a-m-a-z-i-n-g time in Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I'm in First Aid

Ermm, we've done one assesment already, on CPR, but I guess you could email Clive/The other guy who runs it and ask them, it runs from 7 til 9 (in theory, we tend to end around 10 in practice) and it's good fun is somewhat scary at times! (There was a discussion a couple of weeks ago about the legal and physical implications of giving someone someone else's inhaler in an asthma attack, which wasn't a very fun topic!) You should come :yep:

I'm back in Canterbury, had an a-m-a-z-i-n-g time in Nottingham
    Oh cool, so do you think I will be able to join despite missing a few sessions? What is the atmosphere like? Friendly? :s:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's pretty friendly but most people tend to keep themselves to themselves, if you get me. Best thing to do would be email the people - Think you should be able to catch up though!

Or you can go on www.uokfirstaid.co.cc (i think that's the website)

You're perfectly welcome to join me and Anna (girl I walk down with)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    You're perfectly welcome to join me and Anna (girl I walk down with)
    That sounds great I've sent them an email to see what they say.

I'm excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowberg)
    They're probably students of a crappy, non-subject.

Like Film Studies.
    OP here, disregard that I suck cocks.

ReputationRep:
    I've sent them an email to see what they say.
    Let me know what they say

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!!

Anything happen much over the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Library burnt down and I conquered europe

ReputationRep:
    not much...

I'm in a bad mood. "Friends" who really just don't give a crap and would much rather dedicate 99.9% of their time to people who are obviously, in their eyes, more "worthy". Quite pathetic really.

:mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruken)
    Hey everyone!!

Anything happen much over the weekend?
    :wavey:

Welcome back to campus Nah didn't do much this weekend; had Becky and some other guy over to watch Sweeny Todd for Halloween and thats about it. Rosie has been here with me all weekend though, so that's been fun

But other than that, nurrrrrfin.. you haven't missed much.

ReputationRep:
    I had an awesome weekend: I bought Iron Man underwear. And just watched some new footage from the Watchmen film

And my housemate made soooo much cookie dough.

ReputationRep:
    I'm back home till Tuesday afternoon
    Saw Chris (boyfriend) Only for Sat afternoon and Sun morning, but still, it was awesome!
    Trying to catch up German/ finish essay for CLS/ start new essay for CLS/ rest/ spend time with family....bleh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattLeastLikelyTo)
    And my housemate made soooo much cookie dough.
    Mmm, cookie dough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missy67)
    Let me know what they say
    I just got an email back from the guy who runs it:

Hi Pete,

Sorry its taken me so long to reply I have been on a Red Cross course all weekend and this is the first time I have been able to check my e-mails before uni this morning.

The course has been running since the beginning of term and so far we have covered:-

* Scene Management and Unconscious casualty,
    * Respiratory System, Hypoxia and Asthma,
    * CPR and Choking.

We have a catch up week this Thursday in which we will be hopefully covering all of these for people who have missed one or more of the above so I believe you will be in luck.

There is a lot of dedication involved and you will probably need to attend every Thursday we are running a training session I have attached a copy of what we are covering each week.

Do you have any previous experience with first aid?

Many Thanks

So I think I will definitely be going down on Thursday seeing as it is a catch-up session Anyone else want to join me? Oh and I've also attached the syllabus that he sent me.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf trainingprog.pdf (80.1 KB, 62 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypermicrospace)
    I did mine by transfer, was quick and easy. How are you sorting out your payments?
    Hey, do you know where we turn in our Psych and Stats assignments? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else want to join me?
    I guess so. I want to see what it's like anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, do you know where we turn in our Psych and Stats assignments? :ninja:
    For the Methods assignment, go to the psych office on the first floor of Keynes. Go up the stairs and start walking towards the other set of stairs that lead down near K-bar and it's on the way, you can't miss it

For the stats, go to the 'General Office of the Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science', which is close to the Darwin bus stop.

Hello.

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

You're a funny guy :awesome:

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.