The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone! Just feel like posting something, regardless of whether it's pointless or not. I really should get to sleep.:yep:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I haven't slept ALL night. Been watching the cricket. :ninja:
Kalby
Ooh awesome. What first aid course are you all doing?

It's just a basic Red Cross First Aid course at the moment. :biggrin:

But they seem to have gotten a few basic facts wrong! :eek:..

I.e., they said that there are red blood cells in the plasma; thats wrong, plasma is mostly water. Red blood cells are in the formed elements, the other 45% of blood.

Oh and they said that the spleen makes red blood cells; that's wrong too - they are formed in the red bone marrow, the spleen just stores and cleans the blood.

:rolleyes:
GodspeedGehenna

I.e., they said that there are red blood cells in the plasma; thats wrong, plasma is mostly water. Red blood cells are in the formed elements, the other 45% of blood.

Oh and they said that the spleen makes red blood cells; that's wrong too - they are formed in the red bone marrow, the spleen just stores and cleans the blood.

:rolleyes:

Oh dear. I'm not really knowledgeable about human biology, but given that you are, and on the basis of what you've just posted, I wouldn't like to have my life in the hands of those First Aiders.
They'd probably replace my heart with a baked potato.
Reply 6764
I got 65 in my essay :excited:
Argh, I'm shattered again. Went to bed at 12:30... then my flatmate decided that talking loudly in the corridor and slamming her door was acceptable... Then the people outside started up. Finally got to sleep around 2 but because I haven't had any sleep over the last few nights I slept completly through my two alarms and was just woken by the cleaning lady.
I only got about 4 hours sleep last night. I attended an archaeology fieldwork evening in GRLT1 which went on till about 10pm. I then went to K Bar to check out karaoke, then instead of wisely calling it a night as I had a seminar at 9am the next morning, I decided to go to the Cuban bar in town.
I then went to Alex's house to see his pet rabbits, and ended up walking home at 3am with a big pile of slop, otherwise known as the "Cheese, chips and baked beans meal" from "Munchies".
Got home at about 3:30am.

So I'm probably gonna take a nap shortly. :yep:
Saruken
I only got about 4 hours sleep last night. I attended an archaeology fieldwork evening in GRLT1 which went on till about 10pm. I then went to K Bar to check out karaoke, then instead of wisely calling it a night as I had a seminar at 9am the next morning, I decided to go to the Cuban bar in town.
I then went to Alex's house to see his pet rabbits, and ended up walking home at 3am with a big pile of slop, otherwise known as the "Cheese, chips and baked beans meal" from "Munchies".
Got home at about 3:30am.

So I'm probably gonna take a nap shortly. :yep:

You're so hardcore. :yep:

My friend from home is coming up today for the weekend so I'm anticipating a weekend with not much sleep :woo:
Superstarmonkey
You're so hardcore. :yep:

You betta believe it. :rock: :biggrin:
Reply 6769
tidying my room :yawn:
Reply 6770
anyone wish to join a scrubs drinking game tonight...:ninja:
Reply 6771
did that the other night, it gets idk....hard after awhile and if you have fizzy drinks you feel quite sick.....didn't get us drunk
Reply 6772
Em_maK
did that the other night, it gets idk....hard after awhile and if you have fizzy drinks you feel quite sick.....didn't get us drunk

emma hardly anything seems to get you drunk, your liver must just kill any alcohol that touches it!
Reply 6773
hahaha I just don't drink enough/for long enough....plus I am a wine drinker so that doesn't get me drunk unless I drink 2 + bottles....:giggle:
kram322
anyone wish to join a scrubs drinking game tonight...:ninja:

I would, lol. I'm so bored!
Reply 6775
i dunno if we're playing yet or going to woodies so ill let anyone know beforehand
Reply 6776
I havn't been around this thread in a while (probably like 1,000 posts the way you guys post!) ... have I missed much?

Hope everyone is doing well, settled in, finally opening a book or two, getting those essays done... and still managing to party :smile:
Reply 6777
Aspect
I havn't been around this thread in a while (probably like 1,000 posts the way you guys post!) ... have I missed much?

Hope everyone is doing well, settled in, finally opening a book or two, getting those essays done... and still managing to party :smile:

We work hard We play hard

:giggle:
Do I want to spend the New Year in Chicago or New York?

I've never been to New York and it would be awesome to spend NYE there, but I've been to Chicago several times & I know I'll have plenty of fun in Grant Park. Decisions.

New York is only £200 for flights and Chicago is only £220, so there isn't much difference (KLM and NWA respectively)
Reply 6779
How about Peckham? :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest