Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear it, ma cherie! Shall I mention it here too?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. It'd be good to meet up with other TSRians

ReputationRep:
    Just to check, Gen. Studies Modern Soc is the paper with two essays, right? (No comments about it being worthless, it's one of my three A levels and I'm not in a happy mood)

Really not looking forward to tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Hey Kat, I just got your facebook PM about a shopping extravaganza

I might be up for that! Providing I have money
    I've just seen it too. I got all excited about meeting everyone, shopping and sight-seeing, but then I realised that I'll be in France on the 12th of July so I can't come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    forget about GS it is pointless. No one cares about that, not even Unis.

With sociology, when i did it i literally tried to revise all the names/titles of whatever and explanations of them. Like, broken window thesis - this means, bad neighborhood/graffitti/smashed windows, means people may treat the neighborhood without respect because it's so run down. Then i just threw up a load of facts. I don't think it really flowed nicely at all. i tried to give it a bit of a spine, but really it was just facts. i got 100% with that(though it was probably less and they just rounded up or whatever it is they do.) Just get the main points is what my advice would be - and remember them. And spend an hour or so before in the library on your own, remembering all the facts for definite, writing them and so forth. Worked for me anyway. And anyway, as it's tomorow, unless you already have a plan, i'd do that. An easy way to pick up the odd marks.
    (not sure why i wrote all that. maybe because i'm such a nice person, or maybe because i like reminiscing about revising for sociology and getting my only 100% ever )

Cheers

Lol GS isn't pointless for me [well it is really but!] Because its one of my three A levels...I dropped my 4th, psych, in jan. And kent have accepted it, so I kinda have to do well :p:

Hmm broken windows more to do with the good old crime & deviance paper which isn't until next week. I hate the exams this year, moved one week forward, as there used to be a two week gap between the sociology exams- so no revision was necessary for c&d until after religion. But, cest la vie I guess.

Whats [hopefully] working for me is my teacher provided material- perspective grids for all in relation to religion...like, Marx, main idea, support, evidence, crisitism, etc for all Marx ideas. They're pretty good!
    Thanks for the mini essay good karma to you!

I did get AAB last year, with an A for AS overall...so...I'm hoping to pull out another hat trick, somehow! If I do somehow fail both exams, I'll still have a D overall, which isn't great but its better than a U!
    What I try to do is always refer back to the question after each major point, mostly minor as well. Stops you going off on a ramble [which I'm prone to] and to support what you just stated.

Btw Congrats on the 100%! Last years soc group were mainly A's, only one below a B I think and a good few of people got 100% or near enough. No pressure from my teachers then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    so who's applied for a parkwood superior house??? lets get to knwo our roomies!

ReputationRep:
    I just read your message about the shopping/camping too!
    I think it would be fun! It will calm me down about actually meeting people on the first day of uni. Deff mention it here, everyone talks more to each other than on the Facebook group!
    Are you sure you want everyone at your house lol?? Basically strangers and quite a lot might turn up! But hey, should be fun!!
    As for my A Levels.. I sat the first history exam and then in the second one almost fainted and had to leave to be sick =[ And I havnt been great since so the exams officer told me it would be best not to sit my french exam today, which is going on right now.
    What a waste of a years worth of lessons and revision. But at least means Ill probably get my grades for Kent!
    Anyway, hopefully Ill be okay for geog tomorrow!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    had two general studies today. some **** set off the fire alarm during the second one. so that was fun.

then sociology, just got home from it.
    The less said about that the better

English tomorrow. fail.

ReputationRep:
    Arggggghhhh Geography exam tomorrow. I physically cannot revise anymore for fear of my brain exploding.

ReputationRep:
    whats this about camping i didnt get an email? i only just joined the facebook group

i should sleep really, pulled almost 2 all nighters in a row and giving blood at 7pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Arggggghhhh Geography exam tomorrow. I physically cannot revise anymore for fear of my brain exploding.
    Me tooo! Edexcel B by any chance?
    God there is SO much to learn.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Today i successfully sat on a hill all day with some friends talking **** and looking over the surrounding area. bring on 3 hour english exam!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else heard about a bomb scare in a library?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even started revising for the english paper of doom tomorrow. yay :|

Tbh, I have no idea what to write, I'm not that great at english lit anymore and the past papers I thought were good turned out to be crap, and the people only got like D's or something.

So. I am *soooooo* looking forward to tomorrow :rolleyes:/

ReputationRep:
    As far as i can tell from reading full mark papers, just shove in as many references as you can think of and you are fine. obviously with a bit of l/f/s. i havent even done a practise 1a question (the comparison one) which im slightly worried about...
    though of more concern is lyrical ballads. scary stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    anyone else heard about a bomb scare in a library?
    Last Thursday, it was a bag which was left in the locker area. The library was closed, and an area of about 100m around the library was closed off. Community Support Officers manned the barriers, and the bomb squad were called, who exploded the situation. The library was shut for about 3 hours, from 2pm until 5pm-ish.

Turns out it was a book bag...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowberg)
    Turns out it was a book bag...
    A book bag? A bag filled with books? In the Library?

Gosh...how shocking.

ReputationRep:
    english today

3hrs, unseen text comparison.

doom.

ReputationRep:
    ive got eng exam too, shakespeare and talk in life and literature-2 hrs! arg! still atleast its friday!!! just had my last ever lesson at my college! woop woop!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so screwed. I can't remember any quotes or comparison. blahhhhhh.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.