2008 Kent Students Watch

pinksparkles2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ooh dear.. sorry it didnt go so well =[
You might still be okay.. and you can always phone up Kent on results day an beg if you dont get the grades!
But, you just walked out? I swear your not allowed to do that. I wasnt even allowed to speak to my mum when I came out of an exam ill in case I had some sneaky plan to get her to pass on answers lol.
xx
kram322
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tbh i dont think it would affect my grade at all if they scrapped my paper. I had to sit there for an hour before I walked out (1 hr 1/2 exam).

Thing i've pretty much realised is Im not motivated to go to uni anymore :rolleyes:

I think im gonna draw the line at A levels and do something else, hope you all do well though!
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'd do as pinksparkles suggested; just call up Kent on results day, by the sounds of it they're not very picky about your grades.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's a shame Kram, but lets face it - You got further than me in Psych, I did the AS and got three Es in my modules, asked my teacher about a retake and she told me rather bluntly that there was no point because I was lucky to have got that! :eek: (In class I was getting C/Bs in my essays, lol) At least you had the drive to try it.

Uni isn't for everyone - I nearly didn't bother applying after my AS results because I felt like I wouldn't get anywhere, I've psyched myself up about it now though lol. I don't see why a C is unachievable - I've got to get a high B in my german (234 UMS, yeah that aint happening!) to get the grades for Kent, I sincerly doubt I'll even get a C in it, but I've got to try. Don't let this pull you down, one pyschology paper does not a life make!
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm glad you've realised you don't think it's the right course of action for you though, Kram. Saved you £25,000 debt! *smiles* No, but really, I hope you find out what you want to do!
kram322
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think i've perked up abit now after walking out of the exam, managed to concentrate on some English revision anywho, I do this all the time i've been doing it since end of gcse's debating to do this or that :rolleyes:

I still have to hear a reply from Kent whether my tariff points from my BTEC count towards the total for my admission as the wording on the form didnt make it clear tho it would give me 240points

i'll see anyway, long summer yet

thanks for the replies guys!
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hm, I need BBC to get in and from how well exams have gone thus far, I believe I'll be another on the phone to kent on results day :|

Eh. English tomorrow. I REALLY regret taking this to A level!
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remind you lovely people once again, entry requirements for me were BBB, yet I got CCD in my A Levels (long story; family death, changing my mind halfway through the year and not trying hard anymore, lots of random things) but they still said Oui.

So please don't panic.
kram322
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by katkit)
I remind you lovely people once again, entry requirements for me were BBB, yet I got CCD in my A Levels (long story; family death, changing my mind halfway through the year and not trying hard anymore, lots of random things) but they still said Oui.

So please don't panic.

I wont, dont worry lol i really shud be doin more english revision rather tha browsing tsr but ya know :rolleyes:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by katkit)

So please don't panic.
Can I ask what your insurance was? Also, random question - say I fail, and get DCC - Am I automatically into Nott. Trent or can I still appeal (aka cry down the phone) to Kent?
Aspect
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ I'm pretty sure you can still appeal. You have to act fast though
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aspect)
^ I'm pretty sure you can still appeal. You have to act fast though
Cool, don't worry I'm going to have my phone fully charged and with £20 credit on it, the minute I get my results I'll be onto their admissions office if needs be!

I'm having a completly different Wednesday to last week, I'm like at the minute!
pinksparkles2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)

I'm having a completly different Wednesday to last week, I'm like at the minute!
Your so lucky, are your exams over? I will not be like that until next Wednesday at 11am. When my last exam finishes =)
xx
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pinksparkles2)
Your so lucky, are your exams over? I will not be like that until next Wednesday at 11am. When my last exam finishes =)
xx
Nope, got my last exam on Tuesday, 10:30am! I'm happy because I had my last german exams this morning and it was sooooo much better than the last ones! I'll tell you in more detail after midnight, lol.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ah, I have an exam tomorrow and another on the 17th. Then no more, yay.

Just got back from English, it was better than I expected; although the first English exam last week went terribly, so I'm not getting my hopes up of an A grade or anything :p:

How's everyone else doing?
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Grats on your English exam!

I've got two media exams tomorrow :s:
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LOVED my Media exams. So much fun. ^_^
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Quite looking forward to my last two - Classics Sculpture and Gen. Studies Contemporary World, should be ok!
spaceape
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sociology tomorrow for me, its only an hour and a half so it shouldnt be too bad.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.82%
No (442)
73.18%

Watched Threads