2008 Kent Students Watch

username163242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I missed a seminar today =( I'm also missing a film tonight cause the Gulbenkian is closed early...
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone else part of the big tribal snowball fights on the Rutherford/Eliot field?

And that igloo/snowball barrier was pretty darn cool.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by the wolf at the door)
Anyone else part of the big tribal snowball fights on the Rutherford/Eliot field?

And that igloo/snowball barrier was pretty darn cool.
We saw some of those while we were building our snowperson.
the wolf at the door
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no one tried to smash it down did they?
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by the wolf at the door)
no one tried to smash it down did they?
One girl threatened to knock it down as we were leaving, but she didn't.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Someone ran away with our snowmans head :shifty:
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Em_maK)
Someone ran away with our snowmans head :shifty:
:hahaha:
username158544
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone else see the giant snow penis and testicles near the campus traffic lights?

I actually saw it being..."erected"...ahem. Excuse the pun.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I saw people rolling a snowball the size of a car... :lolwut:
the wolf at the door
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Saruken)
Anyone else see the giant snow penis and testicles near the campus traffic lights?

I actually saw it being..."erected"...ahem. Excuse the pun.
I saw one of these. However, it was not there. So i guess it's another...
Chipie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friend who goes kent uni is going to apply to live at parkwood again for her second year. I want to know if she can state a preference for not living with first years? should be reasonable i think. :yep:
Kalby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would imagine the chances of her actually getting a place for second year on campus are VERY slim to nothing. They keep priority for all on campus accommodation for 1st year students and students returning from a year in industry.

On the actual application form for accommodation theres no sort of preference choice for what year of students you can live with. I'd suggest your friend makes the application, then contacts Kent Hospitality to make this request.

I would also suggest that she looks for off campus accommodation now, as I reckon she's unlikely to get a place on campus for next year. Not definite, but i'd say the odds are stacked highly against her.
ChicaBonita
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It depends, if your mate has been abroad for year, then you get guarenteed accomodation and you can choose who you're with.

Simply a second year, I don't know. I wouldn't have thought so, I know quite a few second years that live with first years.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Theres so much ice around now.... I'm not going in today, I'm scared of ice and almost fell over 743892039847 times just trying to get past woody's...ughhhh
Kalby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah! I slipped over 9000 times just getting from Tyler C to the shop earlier on today is the one day I wish I was on Medway campus - they get the day off again!
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chipie)
My friend who goes kent uni is going to apply to live at parkwood again for her second year. I want to know if she can state a preference for not living with first years? should be reasonable i think. :yep:
I've heard a few people saying 'Oh, I cba/can't find anyone to live with/can't find a house/would rather stay here next year so I'll stay on campus'... But I've heard that next year, the on campus accomodation is going to be solely for those in first year, who couldn't get on campus this year or coming back of a year in industry/abroad. I've heard this from the uni and students who've tried to get accomodation on campus for next year... I'd also strongly advise to her that she either goes to the accomodation office, and asks them, or starts to look for a house off campus.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Uni is only letting first years on campus next year. I tried to apply to stay on campus, but this is what they told me
Aspect
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^ Ditto to what everyone has said.

A neighbour of mine is in the same situation. I tried to explain it to her, but she's adament that if she gets no where to live off campus how can they refuse? A very worrying risk to run if you ask me!
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm, it's so difficult to try to find a room on your own though :cry:
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kim08)
Hmm, it's so difficult to try to find a room on your own though :cry:
Ah, you should have said something earlier. We needed someone but in theory we have someone now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1385)
79.55%
Leave (356)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed