Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *Is happy that they have a cheerleading soc* I've been wanting to cheerlead for ages, I used to do dance and I miss it - But I don't want to go back to it, I want to try something new! I guess I'll be seeing you at that then :p:

Looks like there's only a few societies I'd be interested in, the aforementioned Cheerleading, equestrian (I ride weekly) and the German soc, lol.

I remember getting a conformation email, I might email them back to just to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    *Is happy that they have a cheerleading soc* I've been wanting to cheerlead for ages, I used to do dance and I miss it - But I don't want to go back to it, I want to try something new! I guess I'll be seeing you at that then :p:

Looks like there's only a few societies I'd be interested in, the aforementioned Cheerleading, equestrian (I ride weekly) and the German soc, lol.

I remember getting a conformation email, I might email them back to just to make sure.
    Yesss!! Someone to do it with =] See you there!!
    Tbh, I looked at some of the videos of the squad expecting to see something like from Bring It On haha.. so it didnt look that amazing. But still good, and looks like a lot of fun! But we can make it amazing =D
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I think I've a little obsessed, I love Bring It On and I'm currently addicted to 'Cheerleader Nation' (which, alright, originally started out as a means to take the p*ss out of them, but has now ended up as a Thursday night staple in my TV schedule!) We will rock them and take cheerleading to a whole new level, lol.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm....fit dancers in short skirts and jumping around kicking their legs up

...can i join the cheerleading society too?

also, bring it on 3 > all... hayden panettiere <3

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I was wondering if I could apply for spring semester and if it's possible when are the deadlines? Also can you share some more info about the university, how is there, is it prestigious and which is better Kent or Canterbury Christ Church? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazzy)
    hmmm....fit dancers in short skirts and jumping around kicking their legs up

...can i join the cheerleading society too?

also, bring it on 3 > all... hayden panettiere <3
    You'll be glad to hear that they accept guys too How do you look in purple?!

Dodko - I'd say that Kent is more prestigious than CCC purely on the basis that it's got more academic subjects - However, niether are on par with Oxbridge or the big six! However the fact that all of us on this thread are hoping to get in obviously pushes the greatness factor of it sky high :p:

ReputationRep:
    prestige really shouldn't matter in choosing a university, i mean i chose kent over nottingham and southampton to do the LLB. something about the campus is just magical especially being an international student with not much knowledge of the uk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    You'll be glad to hear that they accept guys too How do you look in purple?!
    Dashing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    The amount of tariff points that a University usually accepts is a good indication of how "prestigious" it is.
    But as justinkoo says, prestige shouldn't really matter.

You could attend Oxford and still end up with a Third Class Degree, or you could go to Manchester Metropolitan and gain a First.

Basically it's all down to how much work YOU are prepared to put in to your studies.

And to quote justinkoo again, I felt the magic too, dude.

ReputationRep:
    agreed, there's something refined and unique and indeed special about kent uni

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Kent does feel very unique. I'm glad I chose it as my firm.

On another note: I had my Psych exam today. It went really well except near the end my nose exploded in blood and I got blood all over my arms and a bit on my exam paper :s:

Made it very hard to write and I ran out of time, had to rush lots near the end to make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazzy)
    Dashing :cool:
    Please join Haha.
    You probably wouldnt be the only boy.. And there needs to be dashing lads to do all the lifts!

And back to chosing unis on prestige.. I chose Kent over offers from Nottingham and Sussex which are usually quite a lot higher in the league tables. But it was just nicer [and less stressful to get the grades =P]. AND.. This year Kent is only one place below Cambridge for Anthropology! I know that means nothing to everyone else, because Im the only anth. student here. But wahey!!

=O GG, didnt you get extra time for having a nose bleed? You should have said something to someone!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksparkles2)
    =O GG, didnt you get extra time for having a nose bleed? You should have said something to someone!
    xx
    Nah didn't get any extra time. I didn't mind anyway, I just about managed to get down everything I needed to, so no worries!

ReputationRep:
    I chose kent over sussex too. Ho hum

ReputationRep:
    Me too; they gave me an AAB offer for Psychology with Neuroscience.

My girlfriend has firmed Sussex for Geography

ReputationRep:
    I think mine was ABB/BBB for soc.

Just liked kent more

My friend goes to brighton and said after awhile it doesn't really live up to the hype, plus its kinda rough :|

ReputationRep:
    *Is glad that she's doing German now, she would never have got any offers if Kent want As for their pysch course* :p:

I saw two other places before Kent, Lincoln and Bangor, Bangor I liked but tbh the accomodation was awful and they have the policy of having to take everything out of your room at the end of every term - not great when it's a 5 hour trip to get there on a good day! And Lincoln I really didn't like, didn't like the campus at all and they freaked me out there. Stepped on Kent's campus and I was like 'What have I been missing!'

ReputationRep:
    When I visited Derby I was worried about being attacked or something :|

ReputationRep:
    i have to admit, i didn't visit any other place
    just liked the sound of kent so much that i firmed it before i went to see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    When I visited Derby I was worried about being attacked or something :|
    You'll still get attacked at Kent...

...by BUNNIES!!!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.