2008 Kent Students Watch

username163242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bleh, I have a cold. And loads of work to do. German vocabulary at the moment...
username158544
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's this funfair business all about? I bet it's this weekend, when I'm back home again.
Superstarmonkey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Saruken)
What's this funfair business all about? I bet it's this weekend, when I'm back home again.
It's not really a funfair. It's a 2 days event at the venue (last night and tonight) where they are giving away free popcorn and candyfloss. They also have fire eaters, a 'hall of mirrors' (there are 3), a giant inflatable darts thing and some random people walking around on stilts.

I liked the free stuff and the fire eaters were quite good but it was waaay too crowded.
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
*sneaks in*

KFC on Sturry Road is open today!

*sneaks out before anyone realises an ex-CCCUer is invading the thread again*
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
for anyone considering the funfair thing, it wasn't very good last night. In fact, i was bitterly disappointed. However, if you are willing to get there early so you don't have to pay, you could pretty much get a load of candyfloss for free (and salted popcorn, but meh..) and then head off back home.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
*sneaks in*

KFC on Sturry Road is open today!

*sneaks out before anyone realises an ex-CCCUer is invading the thread again*
Ex CCCUer?!
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Ex CCCUer?!
Shh you'll blow my cover!
I wasn't really getting on well at Christ Church so quit after 2 months :o:
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
Shh you'll blow my cover!
I wasn't really getting on well at Christ Church so quit after 2 months :o:
Meh, I quit UKC after 5
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not quitting

Though I do feel stressed out right now
Superstarmonkey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kim08)
I'm not quitting

Though I do feel stressed out right now
:console: Nearly Easter break.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks =) I have two essays of 2,000 words each, a presentation of 10 mins and 2 German tests to do before that though =(
Faustus Fotherby
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Saruken)
You'll have to come to the Classics summer party. My Atlantis seminar leader said that a couple of the more eccentric academics usually end up roaming drunkenly about among the woods around Parkwood. Not in a sinister way...they just have a few too many!
My Atlantis teacher is great...he came up with the saying "Using Wikipedia is like masturbation...everyone does it, but you don't write about it."
Oh ehm gee a classics student NOT in the Classics & Archaeology society? :eek: Heaven forbid! :p: You should go! It's damn good fun and I don't do classics OR archaelogy which is kinda weird because I'm their most regular member and I'm ironically not doing the subject.

Anyway it's every Monday at 7pm in DLT 1 - this upcoming Monday we're doing... oh I just checked the e-mail and it's nothing stunning I gotta say, but it's a good excuse to say hello to everyone! It's presentations night and if you've got a presentation coming up then you're allowed to practice it then. There's apparently also going to be debates and a 'smashed plate' activity... well I'm looking forward to it! The society are fantastic lovely people, totally enthusiastic and really into their subjects, can help you with optional module choices too!

... this is the part where I find out you're actually in the committee and I've just completely advertised your own event at you :p:
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Umm...I have a presentation at 11pm and I'm absolutely terrified-totally not my type of thing...=(
username158544
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
Oh ehm gee a classics student NOT in the Classics & Archaeology society? :eek: Heaven forbid! :p: You should go! It's damn good fun and I don't do classics OR archaelogy which is kinda weird because I'm their most regular member and I'm ironically not doing the subject.

Anyway it's every Monday at 7pm in DLT 1 - this upcoming Monday we're doing... oh I just checked the e-mail and it's nothing stunning I gotta say, but it's a good excuse to say hello to everyone! It's presentations night and if you've got a presentation coming up then you're allowed to practice it then. There's apparently also going to be debates and a 'smashed plate' activity... well I'm looking forward to it! The society are fantastic lovely people, totally enthusiastic and really into their subjects, can help you with optional module choices too!

... this is the part where I find out you're actually in the committee and I've just completely advertised your own event at you :p:
Faustus...I've been for the last 2 weeks!! Who are you? What do you look like? Maybe I'll see you Monday.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey everyone i thought i would post on here as i havent for a while to say hi, and see how its all going for you

gsg, you sorted ur transfer out? and what has happened to kat kit ?

cyas
username158544
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
Hey everyone i thought i would post on here as i havent for a while to say hi, and see how its all going for you

cyas
Yes, the nasty little turn-coat is leaving us soon...and KatKit hasn't been on here in ages either.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I believe she found "real life" friends who are obviously better than here? *shrug* I do remember her saying how she'd still post here, lmao.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think the cleaner is trying to bash down my door with the hoover, ******* hell. :lolwut:
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)

cyas
Hey, good to hear from ya

Yep, my transfer is all sorted I've had an offer to start study in the second year, as has my girlfriend. I have to gain 60% in my first year to be accepted, so no worries there. Thank you for asking!

How are you finding life down here in Canterbury?
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
same as always cheers, im kind of hating uni atm tho, especially with the exams coming up :cry: other than that all is good, what happened to katkit, did she quit?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (54)
98.18%
No (1)
1.82%

Watched Threads