The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

the wolf at door
Faustus Fotherby, why on earth did you take your laptop to Alberry's?

I'm going back home thursday - woop!

Woo! Me too. You going by train?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Em_maK
What date are you guys leaving for the hols? I am not looking forward to the 8 hour trip :shifty:

Thursday. Can't bloody wait!!!

the wolf at door

It's a long story.
GodspeedGehenna
Woo! Me too. You going by train?

nah, parents are picking me up.taking most of my stuff back and keeping it there so there's no way i'd be able to carry it. Would like to see the looks i'd get from carrying an xbox/tv/box of cd's and dvds on a train though.
I'm a little bit worried about leaving my stuff here.. Maybe I should get contents insurance. £16. What do you guys think? :s:
Reply 8404
GodspeedGehenna
I'm a little bit worried about leaving my stuff here.. Maybe I should get contents insurance. £16. What do you guys think? :s:

Yeah, it's not exactly much...
Reply 8405
I have to pack light as I take coaches home. Blah. I have a big suitcase on wheels [sportbag type shape though] laptop bag, and 1 small bag...thats about all I can carry. Can't take any DVD's etc home, as much as I'd like to swap them for others...

On another note, does anyone know how long the core text collection service is open...at night? I've reserved a book and need to collect it.
Reply 8406
Mirror's Edge gives me motion sickness ;_;
Reply 8407
:hahaha:
Reply 8408
Truered
:hahaha:

:hmmm:
Saruken
Awww...it was a really good night, actually. Although Alberry's is REALLY expensive, even when it's half price night on cocktails like it was last night. I really can't understand why they choose to drink there when there are places like spoons and the like still open. I think spoons doesn't close till around half 12 or maybe even 1-ish?

Yeh you can say that again, I really don't know what they were thinking going there, I guess it's a nicer atmosphere than the creepy old men feel you get in Wetherspoons but who knows.

I had to go back to bed actually, I woke up a few hours after going to sleep because I was dehydrated from all the alcohol. Spent a few hours up and around and then had to go back to sleep but I feel loads better now :smile:

Saruken
Yeah, it was awesome. Sorry if my account sounded a little unenthusiastic last night! :o: They really should rig up a karaoke set in thee though. I'm gonna suggest that for the Classics summer party if they manage to get it arranged.

You're addicted to karaoke! :p: I remember when I was in year 8 on one of these activity camp holidays, they did karaoke one night and me and the friends I'd made all got together to sing 'Summer Nights''... I don't think any of our voices had broken so we must've sounded appalling, I remember enjoying it though! :o:

Em_maK
What date are you guys leaving for the hols? I am not looking forward to the 8 hour trip

Ooo and I thought I had it hard with my 4 and a half hour journey back to Cheltenham! :eek: Yeh I'm leaving on the Friday because I'll need every last minute to finish my essays for the Thursday! :woo:

the wolf at door

Yeh good question, I was kinda on campus at the time I agreed to meet up with Saruken to go into town and didn't have time to get back to my house in Parkwood to drop it off. I figured that it just being a bar wouldn't get to hectic so I wouldn't lose it, and indeed I didn't I merely forgot about it. It was nicely camoflaged in the dark corner I left it in so it was still there when I ran back for it. :eek: Still lucky though!

Em_maK
On another note, does anyone know how long the core text collection service is open...at night? I've reserved a book and need to collect it.

It's open till 18:50 so if you live on campus you could probably still get it, if you're in Parkwood then walk fast! :p:
Faustus Fotherby
Ooo and I thought I had it hard with my 4 and a half hour journey back to Cheltenham! :eek: Yeh I'm leaving on the Friday because I'll need every last minute to finish my essays for the Thursday! :woo:

Are you going by train back to the shire?
Reply 8411
Missy67
:hmmm:

Reply 8412
Faustus Fotherby
It's open till 18:50 so if you live on campus you could probably still get it, if you're in Parkwood then walk fast! :p:

oh buggery. :mad:
I'm tired of revising!
GodspeedGehenna
I'm tired of revising!

Well stop! :biggrin:

I ain't done anything today! But only 4 more days left to write my last essay. :eek:
Reply 8415
500 words of essay done :woo:
Reply 8416
**** **** **** **** ****. I think I have left my purse in the library. Its not in my bag, nor on my bed/desk/under anything, and it would still be in there from last night as I haven't used it since. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. It has everything in it- My bank cards, My ID, kentcard, store cards, MONEY, etc etc.

:frown:
It should be dropped off at lost and found. They're usually quite good at collecting lost property.
Reply 8418
TuckingFypo™
It should be dropped off at lost and found. They're usually quite good at collecting lost property.

I'm more worried about someone stealing everything in it then handing it in.
and ******* ****, my bus pass was in there too...that cost £120 :eek3:
just make sure you get up at 9.00 am to get there first and have a look in case it's still lying around somewhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending