2008 Kent Students Watch

Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Student finance is pissing me off :mad2:

Applied on paper last time and trying to do it online this time, can't even log in properly!!!
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hypermicrospace)
I replied to the first thing and didn't notice kim's link :P: Sooooo tuition fees this coming year are £3225
i guessed that thanks anyways. Is it you who likes Tom Waits? (I realise this comment is random, but your username reminded me)
username163242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Revision is okay once you get into it I guess...just getting round to it that I find hard. Plus, I'm discovering there's so much I need to learn for German that I'm afraid I might never get onto revising for CLS =).
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by the wolf at the door)
i guessed that thanks anyways. Is it you who likes Tom Waits? (I realise this comment is random, but your username reminded me)
Yeah that's me, or rather my dad likes Tom Waits and so I have heard it in the car and like some of his stuff.
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah that's me, or rather my dad likes Tom Waits and so I have heard it in the car and like some of his stuff.
ah ok

Is it too late to change our modules??
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cognitive psychology revision makes the prospect of re-enacting the nail scene from Higurashi seem enticing. At least it would be entertaining... and probably less painful

:p:
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eurgh, yeah I hate cognitive psychology too
:five:

And now I have blood all over the textbook and it hurts to type even with the bandage

:p:
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yawn.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hows the revision going guys?
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Hows the revision going guys?
Tediously :p:
lucymikles
Report 9 years ago
Can anybody tell me how is it with finding a part-time job in Canterbury in general? I'd like to study at CCCU but working part-time is going to be necessary. How many hours a week should I work so that it doesn't interfere with my studies?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lucymikles)
Can anybody tell me how is it with finding a part-time job in Canterbury in general? I'd like to study at CCCU but working part-time is going to be necessary. How many hours a week should I work so that it doesn't interfere with my studies?
In a word... Hard :o: I didn't manage to get one whilst I was there and I applied for loads. Unfortunatly Canterbury is quite a small town shopping wise and it now has 3 universities that are relatively large, plus with all the shops closing it's even harder. UKC does on campus jobs but it's something like 10 people applying for every one position so it doesn't really ease the flow much. Your best bet is to get bar experience and try to get work in either CCCU SU (I'm presuming they have a SU!) or in one of the bars/pubs in town, because they always want experienced people and it gives you a head start.

Also see if CCCU have any jobs on their campuses, be it admin assistant or whatever.

As for hours a week... depends on what you're studying, where you're studying (it's no point getting a job out towards Blean if your accomodation is down towards Sturry!) and how much money you want. I'd say try and get a job that gives you flexibility but I wouldn't go over 2 days a week really.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
In a word... Hard :o: I didn't manage to get one whilst I was there and I applied for loads. Unfortunatly Canterbury is quite a small town shopping wise and it now has 3 universities that are relatively large
Canterbury has three unis? :eek:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
Canterbury has three unis? :eek:
Yeah, haven't they got that new Arts one coming?
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Yeah, haven't they got that new Arts one coming?
:dontknow:

So hows life as a worker? You started yet?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:dontknow:

So hows life as a worker? You started yet?
Apparently so, google UCA :yep:

Boring, nope, haven't started yet, I start next Monday! So nervous, lol. Have to get my uniform sorted on Tuesday... fun. I'm sure I'll keep you all updated with my moanings about work and how easy you all have it How are your last few weeks of UKC going?
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Apparently so, google UCA :yep:

Boring, nope, haven't started yet, I start next Monday! So nervous, lol. Have to get my uniform sorted on Tuesday... fun. I'm sure I'll keep you all updated with my moanings about work and how easy you all have it How are your last few weeks of UKC going?
UKC is as boring as ever. Although because I don't have any more lectures I don't have to spend any time on campus. I'm currently typing to you from Shropshire

Just revising and revising. Fun. I've written up all of my lectures on revision cards and I've ended up with a massive stack of them! I'm rather terrified about the summer Psych exams
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
UKC is as boring as ever. Although because I don't have any more lectures I don't have to spend any time on campus. I'm currently typing to you from Shropshire

Just revising and revising. Fun. I've written up all of my lectures on revision cards and I've ended up with a massive stack of them! I'm rather terrified about the summer Psych exams
Are you ever in Canterbury? Lol! Good luck for your exams. Revision is something I don't miss! :p:
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Are you ever in Canterbury? Lol! Good luck for your exams. Revision is something I don't miss! :p:
lol - I'm usually on campus for mondays for volunteering, but other than that not really. There's no point me being there if I don't have lectures!

Although I don't mind being on campus out of term times; it's usually nice and quiet.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bleh, revision..

10 days (ish) till I get back on campus =)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (553)
80.38%
Leave (135)
19.62%

Watched Threads